Just got my Warmoth neck. Whats up with the maple cap?

Some of it is because people don't need PREMIUM instruments. I love jazzy trems, I honestly do. Sure, the bridges suck, EASY FIX.

Thing is, I don't see any of the people dissing Leo Fender's life doing any better with their own. I don't know why no one can respect the man for what he was - he built a game changing business on the backs of innovative instruments. Leave it to that?

Am I the only one that thinks the skunk stripe instantly makes "one-piece" necks, NOT one-piece necks, they're 95% maple with 5% something else...... Yes I know thats picky but so is thinking having a glued on fret-board is cheap  :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

Altar said:
thearmofbarlow said:
Cagey said:
thearmofbarlow said:
Despite the protestations of people that should know a hell of a lot better, Fender was not a guitar design god.

No kidding. Look at his bridge and vibrato designs. Some are worse than others, but they're all embarrassingly bad.

Jazzmaster. 'Nuff said.

Nope - mustang. The mustang trem has great range, but it's way too sensitive and goes out of tune easily. The jazzy trem is great for subtle pitch wobbles, and stays in tune if strung and used properly.

BTW, Paul Rhoney makes hardtail conversion plates for jazzys and stangers - Doug should try this.
PICT0042-1.jpg
[/quote]Pretty cool, I can do any of those, just can't chrome them... :dontknow:

Altar said:
Some of it is because people don't need PREMIUM instruments. I love jazzy trems, I honestly do. Sure, the bridges suck, EASY FIX.

Thing is, I don't see any of the people dissing Leo Fender's life doing any better with their own. I don't know why no one can respect the man for what he was - he built a game changing business on the backs of innovative instruments. Leave it to that?

Are you completely illiterate, or just willfully being ignorant of the point I'm trying to make which is that the Cult of Leo is full of shit?

Leo Fender is like Linux. I'm a fan of the product, it's the fanbase that needs to be smacked around.

Hehe! Yeah. I may have to hand over my unofficial title of "Grumpy Smurf" <grin>

250px-Grouchy_Magic_Flute.jpg

I hate guitar forums!

Back