Jazzcaster Build - Taos Turquoise

wardens355

See pictures of the new Jazzcaster that I just completed.

Chambered alder, Taos Turquoise glossy finish. I had Warmoth forego the thimble routing and had that done at a local luthier to make sure everything lined up right with the Bigby Tele bridge plate that I used. The neck is shimmed around 1-1.25 degrees to get good action and have the bridge raised enough to reduce buzz / sympathetic ringing.

The guitar has a Fender American Professional II Jazzmaster replacement neck and locking tuners. Neck pickup is a Fender Pure Vintage 65 JM, middle pickup is a Lindy Fralin Blues Special bridge, and bridge is a Fender Texas Special Tele bridge. Wired with concentric 500k (neck) / 250k (middle + bridge) volume pot, and 500k push-push tone pot. Push-push pot brings the bridge pickup in to allow a Neck + Bridge configuration. Pickups are hum-cancelling in position 2 and when neck + bridge is combined.

Parchment Warmoth pickguard, Mastery Tremolo and Bridge. Really happy with the way this thing turned out.

Super nice!

What did the weight end up being with a chambered body? I love offsets visually, and for comfort, but they are always heavy for me. (I'm 5'9" with a bad lower back from an old injury).

I'm working on a chambered Warmoth JM that is currently with a finisher. The unfinished body was just under 3 pounds, 3 ounces, which made me very happy. The finished, assembled guitar should be right around 7 pounds, or just a little more (even with the Mastery kit), so comparable to a Telecaster.

Super nice!

What did the weight end up being with a chambered body? I love offsets visually, and for comfort, but they are always heavy for me. (I'm 5'9" with a bad lower back from an old injury).

I'm working on a chambered Warmoth JM that is currently with a finisher. The unfinished body was just under 3 pounds, 3 ounces, which made me very happy. The finished, assembled guitar should be right around 7 pounds, or just a little more (even with the Mastery kit), so comparable to a Telecaster.

The finished guitar is about 8 lbs, but I didn't order a showcase that was ultra lightweight. I didn't think to weigh the body itself, but I would guess around 4lbs.

Enjoy! I love Taos Turquoise. (That's a Taos Turquoise Musiclander in my profile pic.) And the switching sounds very useful – a different way to set up 3 pickups with all the options.

Back