Jazz bzass guitar bodies

Zhaezzy

I saw the new Fender sixty six and thought that is a great looking guitar. Like a strat and a jazzmaster got busy. So I woncder if there are any plans to do a scaled down version of the Jazz bass body for guitars.

I always preferred the feel of my Jazz bass over my P-bass, and have thought for a long time it would be cool to have a scaled-down Jazz shape for a guitar. Now it's here - why did it take so long?

Now we're talking! I like that a whole lot, way more than any of Fender's other recent attempts. If Warmoth made Sixty-Six bodies, I'd definitely be buying one...  :icon_thumright:

No, the Sixty Six doesn't do it for me. I've always preferred a P-bass over a J-bass, since I thought the J-bass was - well, kinda ugly.
And so is the Sixty Six in my eyes.

Now, the Powercaster on the other hand... That would definitely be very interesting if Warmoth made such a body. Especially if I could fit a Mustang neck and get the scale down to 24".

fender_alternate_reality_powercaster_surf_green_front.jpeg

I like them both. The upper horn on the Sixty Six will insure absolutely no neck dive.

AvThw08.png

I am going to be the outlier in this thread. I am not keen on either the Sixty-Six or the Powercaster.

The more I look at it, the more I want it (but with the full range of Warmoth customization)...

Taking a closer look, I think they're already mostly there from a CNC programming perspective with the short scale Jazz bass... Just need to figure out front cavity route and overlay the neck pocket/bridge routes from the Strat.

Back