Jackson Adrian Smith Sig -- my interpretation

DocNrock

Master Member
OK, so Jackson made an Adrian Smith Sig model.  Maiden just happens to be my favorite band.  That said, I wanted to build my interpretation of the Jackson Adrian Smith Strat.  So here it is.   :icon_biggrin:

Firstly, it is an alder Strat body with a flame maple top, that I got from the Screamin' Deals section.  The neck is a quartersawn maple with abalone dots. 1 5/8" nut.  Adrian's sig has a DiMarzio Super D in the bridge and Fender HOT SCN pickups in the neck and middle positions.  This guitar has a Fender HOT SCN that I won off E-bay in the neck, with a DiMarzio Virtual Vintage 2.1 in the middle...the bridge is a Super D.  His sig model has a non-recessed Floyd, but I like a recessed Floyd, so it is recessed.  It also has a 37mm big brass block.

Doug did a great job with the Eddie neck plate.   :headbang1:

Here are the pics:  

adrian1.jpg

adrianback.jpg

adrianneck.jpg

eddie-1.jpg

when i first saw the adrian smith model, i was pissed! what sullbhit that they took the fender logo off of the headstock, put a jackson logo on, and are selling it. the guitar industry today SUCKS.

also, i LOVE iron maiden.

smavridis said:
when i first saw the adrian smith model, i was pissed! what sullbhit that they took the fender logo off of the headstock, put a jackson logo on, and are selling it. the guitar industry today SUCKS.

This is also why we have Warmoth.  :laughing7:

Very cool axe :hello2: :blob7: :hello2:
I love the black & blue combo, and yes, Doug did a killer job on the neck plate!
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

smavridis said:

Just a bit of info for ya smavridis, Jackson is now owned by Fender.... :sign13:

ya i know that, that must be why the quality is so low now! (yes i am hilarious, thank you) but seriously, i love fender. and he has been a fender guy forever. when i think maiden, i think fender. i like that thought. dont get me wrong, i like jackson alot too, but the whole stunt they pulled was BS.

smavridis said:
ya i know that, that must be why the quality is so low now! (yes i am hilarious, thank you) but seriously, i love fender. and he has been a fender guy forever. when i think maiden, i think fender. i like that thought. dont get me wrong, i like jackson alot too, but the whole stunt they pulled was BS.
Yip, the Jackson quality has gone out the window since Fender took over, and unfortunately I won't buy another new Jackson as long as they're made by Fender.... :sad1:

DangerousR6 said:
smavridis said:
Yip, the Jackson quality has gone out the window since Fender took over, and unfortunately I won't buy another new Jackson as long as they're made by Fender.... :sad1:

Although I do have a Jackson SL2H.  It is a pretty sweet axe.

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
smavridis said:

Is it a pre-Fender?

DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
smavridis said:

Is it a pre-Fender?
Nope.  :laughing7:

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
smavridis said:

Is it a pre-Fender?
Nope.   :laughing7:
Hmmmmm, maybe the ones I played were just flukes then, cause the didn't feel anything like my other Jackson's...If ya know what I mean.... :dontknow:

I think Jackson has more rep with metal heads/shreders than the fender stuff...makes sense. Not sure why people crap on the fender stuff....I have a MIM tele that is very well made and sounds/plays wonderfully.

Brian

bpmorton777 said:
I think Jackson has more rep with metal heads/shreders than the fender stuff...makes sense. Not sure why people crap on the fender stuff....I have a MIM tele that is very well made and sounds/plays wonderfully.

Brian

+1 on that thought!
My MIM Robert Cray Strat w/ Warmoth neck plays great!!! 
I love it... It sounds just like Mr. Cray  :headbang1:

bpmorton777 said:

Brian
I wasn't crapping on Fender stuff, they have some great guitars, but people at Fender aren't "Metal Heads". So they shouldn't be making "Metal Head" guitars.....And they definitely don't make anything close to what Jackson does, they've tried, and failed....

DangerousR6 said:
bpmorton777 said:

Brian
I wasn't crapping on Fender stuff, they have some great guitars, but people at Fender aren't "Metal Heads". So they shouldn't be making "Metal Head" guitars.....And they definitely don't make anything close to what Jackson does, they've tried, and failed....

+1 Agreed... :icon_thumright:
If I was looking for a metal/shredder guitar, I would not even consider looking at a Fender!  Fender just don't do that...
:rock-on:

any strat can become a metal guitar if you do some routing and get the pickguard loaded with dimebucker/emg/livewire/blackout/l-500 whatever pickups of your choice. I don't see why you can't just do that unless you hate the vintage trem and have trouble hitting the high frets or whatever.

rockskate4x said:
any strat can become a metal guitar if you do some routing and get the pickguard loaded with dimebucker/emg/livewire/blackout/l-500 whatever pickups of your choice. I don't see why you can't just do that unless you hate the vintage trem and have trouble hitting the high frets or whatever.
That's true, but it's like buying an $18,000 HD and adding another $15,000 in aftermarket chrome goodies. Why do that when you can just buy a custom chopper with all that on it to begin with.... :dontknow:

Back