It Has Begun - First Warmoth

Blind Prophet

I posted some pics yesterday of my first Warmoth body - http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=20841.0 but I'll give a little explanation here too since I'm new at this. I love guitars, my wife is an artist. She paints on wood and we found a way to combine her oil paintings with guitar-making and keep the nice shiny finish on the guitar. Here are a couple in process pics of our project. I'm not really sure what to call the finish - it is top to bottom blue to silver burst. The color is all done with oil paint. We still have a long way to go but when it is done it will be all nice and glassy.

Attachments

• IMG_9345.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_9346.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 28
Here are a couple pictures of the neck. This is right from the showcase. Birdseye maple with ebony fretboard, 6150 frets and black tusq nut. I really like the streaking in the ebony, I know some people prefer the "none more black" style but not me. I'm not really sure if she'll get satin nitro or truoil and haven't decided on tuners yet either but i have some time to think about it.

Attachments

• neck5.jpg
    neck5.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 11
  • neck4.jpg
    neck4.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 5
  • neck3.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 7
:hello2:

Very nice. Those are going to be some really awesome, one-of-a-kind instruments. Are you going to keep them for your own enjoyment, or are the two of you thinking about trying to make a little extra on the side by selling them?

SlartiBartfast said:
:hello2:

Are you going to keep them for your own enjoyment, or are the two of you thinking about trying to make a little extra on the side by selling them?

The plan is to try to sell them and even submit them to some art galleries my wife knows who are open to this kind of thing. I'm a lefty so buying a right handed body and neck was a way to ensure that I wouldn't become too attached.

Back