Is this one of us????

m4rk0

Epic Member
I quite like this band, and the guitar looks so familiar! and I am fairly certain it is a Warmoth.. I think it even has a Warmoth decal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePF-CcATGLA

I asked Line6joey before and he thinks I am confusing this with another Tele on here...

there you go,
at 0.21 Warmoth logo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Uv9G2XMOg

Besides the Warmoth neck, the top 5 cooooolest things about this video are:

5. They are all wearing suits - totally bringing classy back.
4. The drummer is wearing a suit, but no shoes. He is obviously the dangerous one of the bunch.
3. The bassist's low B string is a different color than that rest. That would actually be very helpful to me..I'm forever losing my way on 5 strings. (And BTW: can you say busy bassline? I would say that guy is really earning his money...but see #2.)
2. The song clocks in at something like 6:40. No airplay for you.
1. The song is actually pretty darn good!

#2 - Alice's Restaurant. Freebird.I'd do anything for love (the longest song to ever hit #1 - really? I totally don't remember this song, and I was even in college at the time)

swarfrat said:
I'd do anything for love (the longest song to ever hit #1 - really? I totally don't remember this song, and I was even in college at the time)

Yeah, you do. They played the living snot out of it. It's even being used in some commercial right now that they're airing 18,729 times a day. Damned if I can remember what they're advertising. The marketing weenies have ruined their own craft through over-exposure, so that now 90% of the country has ad blindness.

Anyway, here's the tune, if you need reminding.

Marko, I remember the guy you're thinking of.  He was in Australia, played heavy music in a trio with a white Warmoth Tele.

Cagey and Swarfrat, this is for you:

image001_zps056b1222.jpg

double A said:
Besides the Warmoth neck, the top 5 cooooolest things about this video are:

5. They are all wearing suits - totally bringing classy back.
4. The drummer is wearing a suit, but no shoes. He is obviously the dangerous one of the bunch.
3. The bassist's low B string is a different color than that rest. That would actually be very helpful to me..I'm forever losing my way on 5 strings. (And BTW: can you say busy bassline? I would say that guy is really earning his money...but see #2.)
2. The song clocks in at something like 6:40. No airplay for you.
1. The song is actually pretty darn good!
You forgot....Tele with a Floyd..

Very cool indeed, I like it. But I don't recognize that tele, and believe me if it's got a Floyd I'd know about it... :icon_biggrin:

DangerousR6 said:
Very cool indeed, I like it. But I don't recognize that tele, and believe me if it's got a Floyd I'd know about it... :icon_biggrin:

It's also got a Strat headstock. But, why would you recognize it just because it has a Floyd? It's clearly a custom Tele, so all bets are off. Warmoth makes Tele bodies with Floyd routes all the time. I have one here - that Ice Blue one I've shown a couple times.

Cagey said:
DangerousR6 said:

It's also got a Strat headstock. But, why would you recognize it just because it has a Floyd? It's clearly a custom Tele, so all bets are off. Warmoth makes Tele bodies with Floyd routes all the time. I have one here - that Ice Blue one I've shown a couple times.
I was being facetious, but it has a pretty obvious paint job, so that would be the first giveaway... :doh:

I see. I've been caught by the dreaded print vs. verbal communication gap <grin>

I'm liking the music there. Although, it does have a hint of Godsmack's "I stand Alone" to it there in the main riff.
MULLY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYjZK_6i37M

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
I think the checkers are stickers.  They reflect differently than the rest of it.  I detect a hint of Jerry Cantrell with the theme.
you could be correct... :dontknow:
JollyTele_zps1763f2b3.jpg

Forget logic and diagrams - what the hell is "cognitive dissidence"? Are we opposed to thought?  :icon_biggrin:

Cagey said:
Forget logic and diagrams - what the hell is "cognitive dissidence"? Are we opposed to thought?  :icon_biggrin:

Well, it IS the internetz . . .

Back