Is this common?

Hello SrDeMaFp
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.
Total time logged in: 4 days, 17 hours and 13 minutes.

I really need some more $...

koshersteel said:
I have the opposite problem. I keep waiting for people to buy the stuff I have my eye on so I can stop thinking about it. The Blazing Fireburst VIP in the showcase right now is a great example. Someone please buy this guitar so it will stop haunting my dreams, and be sure to get a rosewood neck with ebony fingerboard and Fralin Humbuckers with the Jimmy Page wiring schematic.

As far as the obsession of building more guitars goes here is a list of just the Strats I'd like to build:

A Red Alder strat with Active EMG's ala David Gilmour
A tribute to Clapton's "Blackie" strat with the midrange boost circuit
A Swamp Ash / Maple Neck Strat with an Alembic Stratoblaster ala Jerry Garcia's "Alligator"
A psychedelic Painted Left Handed Strat tuned down to Eb for playing along to Jimmy Hendrix Records

and my own custom Strat design: Quilt Maple on Mahogany with F-Holes, Rosewood Neck with Ebony Fretboard, Duncan Rail Pickups, and a CAE preamp...

and that's just the Strats, don't even get me started about the Tele's I want to build

I need to make 4 or 5 more, including:

- hollow walnut/rear routed strat, f-hole, 3 rg sc's, canary/canary neck with no inlays
- Flat top LP, padouk or rosewood body, spruce top, bloodwood neck, brw fb, no inlays
- a late 50s or early 60s strat replica with a 5a birdseye neck and custom color
- an all (hollow) rosewood strat
- a 70s type tele deluxe
and then I will stop.................maybe

I usually troll the showcase until I spot a truly unique neck or body, and then troll some more until its perfect mate shows up. And I am very, VERY patient.

They've got some really funky baritone necks up at the moment. So much so, I just ordered my Baritone body before I'd finished my L5s build...Oops!

Common! Oh, so common! I'm making two guitars right now, just to resell them and get the experience because it's fun. But if I could keep them you know I would. Also a bass, and uh...I don't really even play bass, beyond the standard guitarists' mucking around.

Back