is this a one piece body?

vtpcnk

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&itemNumber=PS3327&menuItem=1&subMenuItem=2&subMenuItem2=0

i have noticed some of them described as "three piece ash" etc. so if it is not specifically mentioned is this a one piece body then?

What possible reason would you have to want a one-piece body if its painted solid black?

I thought that one-piece bodies were for looks?

>What possible reason would you have to want a one-piece body if its painted solid black?

resonance?

>I thought that one-piece bodies were for looks

how?

My guess is that a lot of the solid painted bodies are three piece, they're not required to say in any case. To the OP, they all sound pretty much the same regardless of how many pieces they are made of. One piece bodies look great with clear, transparent, or burst finishes but Warmoth often matches the grains so well you can't tell the difference between two and one piece.

It's probably 3 pc.  As far as I know a one-pc body is just for looks.

I bought a one piece body for peace of mind. 

I've heard all the arguments one way or another about how it makes no difference; it's better, it’s actually worse, etc, etc.  I don't know, I mean I know it's all 100% mental, but just knowing that the guitar is a solid piece of wood, and that all the vibrations from the guitar are flowing through one piece of wood, not a bunch of different woods, maybe from different trees, or sections of tree that were never intended by god, or mother nature, to have sound flow threw each other, well....., it's very comforting, or even reassuring.  It just feels more pure. Sort of like eating organic food that tastes exactly the same as non-organic.  It's all mental, but so isn't playing guitar, and if that knowledge of what I believe to make that guitar sound better translates even 1% into my playing, well then... it's a better piece of wood.

oh and for reference, on my warmoth one piece it has hand written "1PC" at the neck joint on the body.

erik

Back