Is Roasted Swamp Ash too brittle for trem?

Ghostnote

I’ve heard of its brittleness. My concern is mainly the threads holding the trem claw screws: with so much tension the springs pull, will this strip the wood?

I've got no scientific proof, but it's probably more secure than your neck joint.  I never had a trem pull out, and I've yanked the heck out of them.  I suppose it's possible, though not probable unless you're a maniac.

rick2 said:
I've got no scientific proof, but it's probably more secure than your neck joint.  I never had a trem pull out, and I've yanked the heck out of them.  I suppose it's possible, though not probable unless you're a maniac.

That’s good to know. It’s to set the bridge flat as I don’t use the trem, so all 5 springs would be loaded with the claw adjusted closest towards the neck i.e. maximum tension in the springs but no movement.

stratamania said:
Then why not buy a hard tail?

I'm combining a featherweight body with an overweight brass trem bridge. This combination in my other guitar surprisingly gave it a resonant yet punchy tone that I've never heard from any other Strat or Tele. Try it  :icon_thumright:

I've asked myself lately why 2tek didn't make their bridge fit a strat tremolo route. Lot more potential customers

Ghostnote said:
stratamania said:
Then why not buy a hard tail?

I'm combining a featherweight body with an overweight brass trem bridge. This combination in my other guitar surprisingly gave it a resonant yet punchy tone that I've never heard from any other Strat or Tele. Try it  :icon_thumright:

No thanks I am not on that tone chase. You could probably get a similar thing from a hardtail and a brass bridge...try it  :icon_thumright:

Back