Volume
3 way switch bridge/both/neck

Neck:
Indian Rosewood "Pro" standard thin
Conversion 24 3/4" scale
Schaller locking tuners
SS6230 frets
Graphite nut

This neck is probably my favorite Warmoth so far. The rosewood matches tonewise with the mahogany. Also, the springs for the bridge pieces were too short, I had to replace them. My guess is that they are in a non normal position due to the shorter scale length. The neck pickup doesn't sit aligned under the strings too well, I am gonna have to look closer at that sometime. There doesn't seem to be much blend with the black ice, if I ever get motivated I'll get in there and try some of the wiring options.

I plan on posting some audio clips as some are intersted in how the Black Ice sounds, stay tuned! :glasses9:

Makes me think of the Jim Root tele. Thankfully, yours has a chance to have nothing to do with Sh**knot.

Max said:
Makes me think of the Jim Root tele. Thankfully, yours has a chance to have nothing to do with Sh**knot.

Aside from the fact that Terry Bozzio was working with them, this guitar definitely has nothing to do with Slipknot.

nice guitar, man... I love to see a classic looking looking guitar that can rock hard! :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1:

Sweet build!  :icon_thumright:

I'm perplexed.  You've built a fairly vintagey looking strat, and 80's style strat with a Floyd, and this crazy, hotrodded metal tele.  What kind of music do you play?

Tempest said:
Sweet build!  :icon_thumright:

I'm perplexed.  You've built a fairly vintagey looking strat, and 80's style strat with a Floyd, and this crazy, hotrodded metal tele.  What kind of music do you play?

Well, I was part of that Yngwie/Shrapnel thing in the 80s. I have spent the last 20 years trying to shed that linear modal form of playing, I really learned how to play in a non versatile manner.  :party07:

What kind of music do I play? At this point I have played everything except for maybe country. I really am a fan of the creative process so genre doesn't matter as long as it is done well.

My concept for each of these guitars was my excuse to spend the money :icon_smile:

I started reading, scrolled down, expanded the pictures, and uttered, "Oh, cool!" I'm at a public library while my daughter is in her dance class!  haha

Awesome, dude!

Back