Inspired by the Dave Murray Fender Strat

DocNrock

Master Member
Here's a build (very) loosely inspired by the Fender Dave Murray Strat.  I posted this build as a mutt previously, but now it has a righteous Strat style neck.  I decided to do this since I was able to nail Murray's tone with this guitar, plus I had another use for the neck that was on it (see bungle in the jungle, VIP)

This is a rear routed Strat body, alder, with a Meranti top that I got out of the Screamin' Deals section.  The neck is canary with a Wizard profile (thanks Dangerous R6 for the tip).  It has a Macassar Ebony fingergboard and abalone dots.  The frets are 6100 SS.  There is an original Floyd Rose, a DiMarzio Super Distortion in the bridge and a DiMarzio PAF Joe in the neck. Other components include RS guitarworks pots and cap, and Schaller locking minis.

Oh, and since it was inspired by the Murray Strat, note the Eddie neckplate that Doug (DangerousR6) made.   :icon_biggrin:

Enjoy:

headstock-3.jpg

neckplate-1.jpg

fboard.jpg

body-10.jpg

back-11.jpg

DangerousR6 said:
Sweet Brent, you were right, that fretboard is top notch.... :icon_thumright:

Very nice build!  I am really diggin' that fretboard.  She is a beauty...  :hello2:
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

Thanks to all.  I got really lucky with that fretboard, as it wasn't even an Ultimate Choice, just whatever piece of Macassar Ebony the neck builder happened to grab.  :icon_thumright:

Back