Indian explorer

The Big Ugly

hey guitarros! check out these pics.What you think? Sink the teeth! :party07:                                                                                                specs and info at customer gallery-misc. guitars.

my first idea for a warmoth was an explorer, but since its bolt on i opted out. does it resonate as well as a set neck?

smavridis said:
my first idea for a warmoth was an explorer, but since its bolt on i opted out. does it resonate as well as a set neck?
I have a Gibby Explorer, and honestly I can tell no difference between it and any of my bolt ons. Other than the pup's suck, and the only reason I haven't changed them, is because it's a re-issue Korina Explorer...

i was actually looking on ebay for one of those. do you think i should just go through warmoth instead?

smavridis said:
i was actually looking on ebay for one of those. do you think i should just go through warmoth instead?
I guess that would depend on if you really want a Gibby or not. I mean the guitar feels great very fun to play. If I was to do it over, I'd probably get a Warmoth...

That's why he's so clearly giving you the stink eye in that decal! Seriously, cool guitar and welcome big ugly.

Cool, how'd you get the image on there?  And Tony, is this guitar politically correct?  :doh:

I was expecting a Hindu themed guitar! Sometimes I forget that some people still call Natives (or First Nations as we call them up here) Indians... oh Columbus, you were soooo far off. :laughing7:

Here's what he said about the guitar in the gallery:

Victor Rubio said:
swamp ash body,maple on maple neck,abalone fret markers and abalone witch hat knobs.org.Floyd Rose trem,Rockfield Fatass pickups(one still on back-order)24-fret extension,EMG active boost switch.lazer etched late mother's original art work (a labor of love).poly finish.my first Warmoth went off without a hitch.Thanks, for more info on my guitar e-mail me at thebigugly@msn.com

AToE said:
I was expecting a Hindu themed guitar! Sometimes I forget that some people still call Natives (or First Nations as we call them up here) Indians... oh Columbus, you were soooo far off. :laughing7:

Ohhhh Shit I'm a butter head. nipple nipple

AToE said:

I was actually thinking the same thing. Plus you said "First Nations." You must be Canadian.  :icon_biggrin:

ErogenousJones said:
AToE said:

I was actually thinking the same thing. Plus you said "First Nations." You must be Canadian.  :icon_biggrin:

Guilty.

Gotta say, not in a million years would I ever think of putting an indian (or native american) ;-), on an explorer, but you know.... that's pretty damn cool.  Love the concept.  The natural wood fits it amazingly well.

Back