Income Tax Rebate

I read in the paper about the "income tax refund", and I was wondering where it will be spent:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My credit card is just about maxed... I just bought my first Warmoth and a new amp, I'm broke!  :sad:  I'll be paying off my credit card with my refund.  If anything's left over I'll get a Holy Grail reverb pedal.    :guitaristgif:

If I get that cash, please believe I'm puttin' that on a new Warmoth. I'm single with no dependents so from what I hear I'm supposed to get $600. That's half a Warmoth ax right there. So come on y'all. Let's build some more guitars if we can. It'll be good for the economy and thus good for the country. That's the most patriotic justification for building a new Warmoth that I can think of.

Does anyone know if we're gettin' that rebate apart from our income tax return?

:rock-on:

The wife and I skipped getting each other Christmas presents this year so we could make sure the kiddos would have a good holiday.  In lieu of a Christmas gift, we decided that when the ole' tax money came in, we could each get something for ourselves.  I'll give you one guess what the something for myself is going to be....

It's like Uncle Sam is giving out guitars - wife and 2 kids = $1800.  TIme for 3 new guitars!!

Also, you mention the Holy Grail reverb - is that the best?  I've never bought or even used a reverb pedal before, and I have been thinking of getting either that or a delay.

After just spending nearly $2000 on a new guitar I've been informed by the wife that I'm never aloud to buy another guitar again.

:)

erik

spauldingrules said:
Also, you mention the Holy Grail reverb - is that the best?  I've never bought or even used a reverb pedal before, and I have been thinking of getting either that or a delay.

Obviously it's a matter of opinion.  I'm not really a stompbox geek but my friend is and he says the Holy Grail is great... then there's Holier Grail and Holiest Grail, which improve the pedal further (and up the price).

My town just did a reval on all the property values. My property taxes increased by a whopping 35%. Looks like I have to take what I get from Uncle Sam and give it to Uncle Bill. Bill is our town manager. So far he has been one huge bill (and still growing) for the towns people. Easy come easy go. Once again, I have no money to build.

Yeah, it's kind of funny that now that the housing market is in the dumps and you couldn't sell your house for even what you paid for it, all of a sudden the "Tax Value" has shot up everywhere......real funny...

In terms of reverb pedals I like the digitech digiverb or the PODxt's reverbs.
Also alesis makes some mixers with some nice 'verbs, but they aren't pedals.
got no experience with the Holy Grail though, sorry.

Back