I'm going to see Geddy!

Good for you! The guy's an icon. I'm sure you'll both enjoy that quite a bit.

Oh yeah! Gonna be a great time, with a great book as a souvenir! Congrats Brother, enjoy!  :headbang:

DangerousR6 said:
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice... :laughing7:

I will choose Freewill...

Mayfly. Its cool you are going to the event.

My copy of Geddy's book arrived recently. Very heavy book or at least it seems so as I had recently had abdominal surgery.

DangerousR6 said:
Looks like an interesting book... :bass:

I only took a quick skim through it so far but it does look interesting. Looking forward to thumbing through it some more.

I pre-ordered months ago and Amazon were doing a crazy low price. Glad I took advantage of it.

stratamania said:
DangerousR6 said:

I only took a quick skim through it so far but it does look interesting. Looking forward to thumbing through it some more.

I pre-ordered months ago and Amazon were doing a crazy low price. Glad I took advantage of it.
I love books about instruments, especially guitar and bass. I remember in high school back in the early 80's, I had a class in the library and found some old books on the history of guitars...

Just got back home from the event.  It took place in an old church down town.  I took Dosh (the bass player) along with me.  The guy in front of us flew in from Dallas to be there. 

Ged was a very entertaining guy.  It was a good night!  Some shots for you:

The crowd before hand:
index.php

Ged on stage talking about bass guitars!
index.php

Ged signing our book!
index.php

index.php

Attachments

• IMG_4049.JPG
    IMG_4049.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_4055.JPG
    IMG_4055.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_4066.JPG
    IMG_4066.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_4069.JPG
    IMG_4069.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 242
All right! Big name, small venue, always the best way to go. I remember seeing Roger Daltrey, many years ago, in a little church in NYC. Glad you had fun, thanks for sharing the pix. :icon_thumright:

@Mayfly, it must have been a good event  :icon_thumright:

DangerousR6 said:
stratamania said:
DangerousR6 said:

I love books about instruments, especially guitar and bass. I remember in high school back in the early 80's, I had a class in the library and found some old books on the history of guitars...

@DangerousR6 sorry, I missed your comment before. Yes instruments and books on them can be fascinating. I can't imagine a world without books or instruments.

Color me jealous! I've always been a big fan of Rush and the guys. Cerebral and humble and just all around great people.

I've seen Rush in concert twice, once in Omaha for Moving Pictures in the '80s and once in Chicago for Vapor Trails in the '00s.  Very different concerts.  Amazing musicians, although in the '80s the musicianship wasn't top on my list for going to see them, it was "Dude, I got Rush tix!  Totally bitchin!  I'm stoked!" type thing then.  I'm so jealous of that event.  Although I can't play his stuff he's still an inspiration to me.

Back