If I owned Warmoth...

I agree with my fellow dutchman:

- Carved top Tele (with f-hole option)
- f-holes on les pauls and VIP's

- and an ES335 and/or 175 shaped body option

And 99% of guitar players cannot get over the Les Paul bolt neck issue. I personally have found it to be a non-issue. Never noticed it while playing. A ton of folks will not even consider it. And more power to them.
[/quote]

I just wasn't happy with the way my old '71 Gibson SG custom played, so I sold it and built a Warmoth Les Paul to my specifications.  I don't fall into that cork sniffer crowd of must have set or neck through to be like a whatever.  Who cares.  I like the way my Warmoth plays and sounds.  No complaints about the bolt on neck.  I wasn't out to copy a Gibson LP.  Those 99% of players who insist on a set neck are welcome to their own opinion.  I'm a poor hobbyist player who can't afford that sort of nonsense.  I have no regrets selling my Gibby to finance my Warmoth build.

Offer more inlay choices and materials.
Offer a nice gray paint color (i love gray).  More color choices in general.
Add headstock and body engraving to make it even more personal.

I love the new choose your own lam top option.  That would have been on my list a few months ago.

I hate to sound like a boring old fart......But I think that if I owned Warmoth, the BUSINESS, and not Warmoth, the "I would do all kinds of crazy things fantasy",  I would probably sit with my executives and carefully weigh all new options in terms of profitability, logistics, viabilty in the marketplace, and value for the consumer, and see which ones fit the criteria for my business model.  Seems like some of the suggestions for new options that are floated around here would be extremely expensive to implement and very low on the desirabilty scale to the majority of end users.  It may seem like a good idea to one person, but that is a very limited market.  With all that said, and my street cred shot, I will humbly put in my vote for a carved top hollow reversed Explorer with two F-holes.

Just kidding, seriously, though.....CARVED TOP TELE!

Back