Ibanez Artcore

DocNrock

Master Member
Does anyone know anything about these?  It seems there are a few for sale on ebay.  The prices don't seem too bad.  Do they play well?  Tone?  Jazz?  Rock?

Great for blues and jazz. I played one the other day, and I quite liked it. The one that I played had great action (for me-which is very low) and a very nice tone.

MicahC said:
Great for blues and jazz. I played one the other day, and I quite liked it. The one that I played had great action (for me-which is very low) and a very nice tone.

Glad to hear.  I just scored one off ebay.  Sounds like it will be perfect.

I've got an artcore... They're pretty jazzy.... usually nice with a set of flat wounds. Even played a couple ska tunes on it

Looks kinda jazzy to me Doc... :guitarplayer2:

But then again Terrible Ted played several different jazz type Gibson's and rocked his ass off...... :guitaristgif:

DangerousR6 said:

But then again Terrible Ted played several different jazz type Gibson's and rocked his ass off...... :guitaristgif:

I wanted to get a Jazz guitar, but you have given me another idea.  Ohhhh snakeskin cowboys....

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:

I wanted to get a Jazz guitar, but you have given me another idea.  Ohhhh snakeskin cowboys....
:icon_biggrin:

I have one of these. It's the only humbucker and set neck guitar I have. I have to say, I really like it! I was amazed that it sounded so nice for what it goes for. If I remember correctly I paid $300-$350 for it. I expected to need to replace the pickups but no, they sounded great as well. I sat in the store that had about 5 of these and played them all over and over again, unplugged, and picked the best one.

I was wanting something that was similar to a 335. While it's not a perfect match it does groove. The action is great, the finish is great, for the money you can't go wrong. The only thing I didn't like is that it did not come with a case.

TroubledTreble said:
I have one of these. It's the only humbucker and set neck guitar I have. I have to say, I really like it! I was amazed that it sounded so nice for what it goes for. If I remember correctly I paid $300-$350 for it. I expected to need to replace the pickups but no, they sounded great as well. I sat in the store that had about 5 of these and played them all over and over again, unplugged, and picked the best one.

I was wanting something that was similar to a 335. While it's not a perfect match it does groove. The action is great, the finish is great, for the money you can't go wrong. The only thing I didn't like is that it did not come with a case.

I'm happier all the time... mine came with a case.  :icon_thumright:

DocNrock said:
TroubledTreble said:

I'm happier all the time... mine came with a case.  :icon_thumright:
Sounds like you got a great deal, altho I'm not really a fan of tobacco bursts..... :sad1:

DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
TroubledTreble said:

I'm happier all the time... mine came with a case.   :icon_thumright:
Sounds like you got a great deal, altho I'm not really a fan of tobacco bursts..... :sad1:

yeah, but it goes with the vibe.

Used to have one.. amazing guitar, actually very versitle.  even with the stock pickups.

I have a lot of teenage students so I a see a fair amount of Ibanezes, Schecters, Squiers etc. Ibanez has hands-down the best QC of any of the $200 - $600 guitars, their fret ends are finished a good deal better than Warmoth, that's for sure. (Disclaimer: I know Warmoth doesn't advertise finished fret ends, I do 'em myself... heck the signature Fenders like the Malmsteen and Beck need a total fret level, crown & polish right out of the box).

DocNrock said:
SkuttleFunk said:
you want to know about the Artcore bass?

R

ummm, the guitar..AS73 to be precise.  Anyone have any experience with one of these?

gotcha. if you were interested in the bass version, all I can say is this

ArtcoreDS-3Upgrade_M.jpg

ArtcoreDS-3Upgrade_L.jpg

all the best,

R

They discontinued the cool single pup one and replaced it with a more vintage looking piece of garbage.

I would love to have that bass as is, really want to try the dark star. (the pup in that bass is after market).

yessir - exactly what I was somewhat masked in implying ... if you get an Artcore bass, that big ol' Darkstar is the bomb when you have the $$ to do a little upgrading

bummer to learn they dropped the single pickup model. I can imaging working two pickups onto that arched top

all the best,

R

The artcore stuff is pretty nice in my opinion.  The necks are a little thin for my taste.

Back