I tried to resist....I really did

1960es

Actually, this one is out of character for me. I only have natural and sunburst finishes. No blues, greens, etc but for some reason this pulled me in. Probably not everyone's cup of tea but I have a flame roasted maple neck waiting for it....

Attachments

• PS14038c.jpg
    PS14038c.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 321
I saw that come up in the RSS feed recently and was knocked out by it.  THat's a nice grab.  Looking forward to seeing how you kit it out.

Yeah, Boy,  NICE!!! Glad to see the force, (or at least Mastercard), was with you in your time of need, and allowed you to strike while the iron was hot.....  :icon_thumright:

Utterly fantastic, what a great choice. My guitars are either black or white (indicates something about me I am sure) but there seems to be something going around the forum with the dye tops these days. I have to admit, they are stunners. This one and that blue flame maple thinline tele someone else picked up are superb.

All the comments make me feel better about my purchase. A little background on the decision...I had actually been saving up for a Mooncaster body for which I already have a neck ready but this came up in the screamin' deals....so the mooncaster will have to wait a little while longer! Any advice on pickup color (white or black) and hardware (chrome or gold or black)?

Again, the neck is roasted flame maple with mother of pearl dots. Thanks!

1960es said:
All the comments make me feel better about my purchase. A little background on the decision...I had actually been saving up for a Mooncaster body for which I already have a neck ready but this came up in the screamin' deals....so the mooncaster will have to wait a little while longer! Any advice on pickup color (white or black) and hardware (chrome or gold or black)?

Again, the neck is roasted flame maple with mother of pearl dots. Thanks!

I really think zebra colored open coil versions of whatever pickups you choose would make the visual stand out. As for hardware, I am a chrome guy but black could be really good on that guitar body. I have one dye top guitar and went with black hardware on it. I am the last person to ask about pickups as I have vintage style sets and play blues music. To rock out others here know more about the wide world of pickups these days. Bare Kunckle are hard to beat for humbuckers though. (not cheap sadly)

I would probably build it with black pickups and chrome. BUT! What do you like? That's really what matters here. There really is no wrong choice. Zebra pickups and black hardware would also be killer.

Rgand said:
....What do you like? That's really what matters here. There really is no wrong choice....
Exactly! Only one that has to be happy with your build, is you! That said, I'd also probably go with black pups and chrome hardware. But that's just me......  :icon_biggrin:

Thanks and you are right! Even though it would look great in various configurations, I am going black pu with chrome.

In my opinion, the beauty of that top is that it is spectacular without being “flashy”. Without trying to nail down details, my approach to outfitting it would be to keep things rather subdued. Black and chrome does indeed seem like a good fit, or even all black.

I usually don't like fancy tops but that looks kind of cool. I can see it with blacked out hardware too. I am on some kind of blacked out hardware kick lately. I am not sure why.

Back