I thought I had a good excuse...

PhilHill

I used to think that age and a little arthritis was a good excuse for slacking off on my practicing. Then I saw this......... Now I'm kinda feeling a little ashamed of myself.

.[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVy8tz54_JA[/youtube]

Though he obviously cannot pull off the behind the head solo type stuff from the movie that was actually played by Paul Hanson.

I guess the singer could not manage it in B  :)

Edit: The above was posted without me knowing anything about Michael J Fox's medical condition. My apologies if this came across in any way that it was not meant to. Kudos to him for playing

Good for him.

I once walked right by him on the street--he was out walking the dog.
I had no clue until my wife told me (I wasn't paying any attention).

For every time I've wished I had a time machine ... I think if I had it I'd let him take it.

There's perseverance, and then there is undaunted, unflinching, unflagging bad-assery.

That there is the latter.

That's what struck me. No matter what else about it, to have the willpower to climb on that stage lugging what has to be a 9lb Les Paul and publicly show a simple thing. This will NOT defeat me, I will do what I want whatever way I can! We're talking Helen Keller level cajones here...................... :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

I'm a big Judas Priest fan, and saw them on the recent Firepower tour. Glenn Tipton is now fighting Parkisons as well, but he managed to come out on stage for the last few songs. It was equally epic and the crowd went berserk, and justifiably so.

I just looked it up about Michael J Fox and found out about him having Parkinsons, after reading that Glenn Tipton has it. I had absolutely no idea about this otherwise I would have posted differently earlier in the thread.

So kudos to both of them...and humble pie from myself.

Back