I Need a New Drug: 1st CARVING

Great Ape

I guess I wanted to be challenged by something I'd never done before--hopefully learn a new skill--one I could apply to the addiction of guitar building...so wood carving seemed like the logical/illogical choice. Anyway, I'm trying it, and I'm digging ( :doh:) it...This is a solid, one-piece poplar body...hope you dig it, too.

I guess it's all right, if you're into that sort of thing.

Which I am.

Which is an understatement.

You artistic talents are quite inspiring, Greg.  Thank you for sharing.

Very nice work!

I wonder if this might be an application for the propane torch school of woodburning. Since it's three dimensional, you might be able to just hit the high points to darken them, then do an overall amber coat. Sorta like DMRACO's "Burncaster".

So. You never tried it before?  :eek:

You just grab a guitar body and practice on that?  :binkybaby:

When will you do something truly and completely wild? Like a solid red color or something?  :laughing7:

Well - carry on.  :icon_thumright:

Cagey said:
Very nice work!

I wonder if this might be an application for the propane torch school of woodburning. Since it's three dimensional, you might be able to just hit the high points to darken them, then do an overall amber coat. Sorta like DMRACO's "Burncaster".
It's a thought, ain't it?

I've got two of their amps, never bought a guitar. But Carvin had never done anything that looked like that. Are you sure its legit?

:icon_jokercolor:

You just had to cross that line didn't you?  You do know that wood burning is a gateway drug to wood carving...Next you'll be growing trees, and we'll have to come visit you in rehab...it's just a vicious cycle... :doh:

A real shame you are so lacking in talent and artistic confidence, and that your spirit of adventure is so minuscule.

NOT.

Bagman67 said:
A real shame you are so lacking in talent and artistic confidence, and that your spirit of adventure is so minuscule.

NOT.
lol.gif

Thank you....thank you very much....that's the kind of insult that gets me outa bed in the mornin' !! :icon_biggrin:

It was only a matter of time before you moved on to the "harder" stuff. Now we know burning is the gateway!

Looks great! I can only imaging what's next.

Back