I need a Jazzmaster rout on the standard Tele body

Chris of Arabia said:
Actually, I do really want Jazzmaster pickups on a Tele body, and not P90's...

Find out the dimensions of P90's & Jazzmasters. If P90's are shorter and narrower then it's less work for you. You order P90's rout and you modify a little.

Now there was me thinking this forum was for trying to suggest ideas to Warmoth, not for you guys to try and talk me out of them (no matter how dumb - me, not you)  :icon_biggrin:

Actually, I probably didn't present my idea too well anyway. Whilst I do like the way Rossdale sounds on that album, that was only just a starting point for the idea. Part of it was the Tele-Gib that Seymour Duncan did for Jeff Beck, part was seeing that Rossdale used Jazzmasters, and part was my own mash-up.

I know full well that I will only ever sound like me - I always have done. I know a lot of what I will sound like is down to amps, pedals, technique, attitude and whether I got drunk last night. What I'll actually end up with though is something that's very definitely mine and very much a one off. I just thought it would be fun to try something a little different and put my own slant on the Tele-Gib idea.

As for whether I will like the end result? Who knows, but it'll be fun trying and what I have in my head will surely look righteous...  :headbang1:

I put WRHB's in a Jazzmaster, ala Lee Ranaldo from Sonic Youth.  It sounds twangy, almost Tele-esque.  Not at all like Sonic youth, even with the Fuzz pedals set to thermonuclear overdrive.  But I wouldn't have it any other way.  I'd say stick to your guns, err, original idea.  I am a big proponent of the, "If it makes you smile, it makes you sound better," theory of rig design.
Patrick

I think you should do it, but I don't understand why you'd want to take the worst trem out there and put it on the least comfortable body out there. At least original teles had the decency to anchor the strings to something, like all decent string instruments the world over, and the original Jmaster actually took the human body into account in its shape.
But I think it would look badass and custom and you should definitely do it if you want to.  :headbang: :headbang:

I've actually got no intention of using a normal JM bridge. If you check that Tele-Gib link above, you'll see it has a TOM bridge on it, though I'm going to go with the Gotoh 501, wrap-around style. The body also has the forearm and tummy cutaway. So I get a solid bridge and a comfortable playing experience.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Oh, nevermind.

You're learning how to deal with my love of inefficient tremolos! High five!  :laughing7:

Good luck Chris. That would be one badass guitar.

Back