I finished my bass! 72 P-Bass body/Tele Neck!

Vic2

Hi all, 

It took a long time and I had to ask you people and a lot of other people for a lot of help, but I learned a lot and I finally finished my bass. In fact, I ordered the first piece (the body) exactly one year ago today! 

It's a 72 P-Bass body with a tele neck. It has a Fender reproduction P-Bass neck pickup, and a Seymour-Duncan Musicman bridge pickup, both through a Seymour-Duncan  STC-2P active pre-amp. Also has a 2Tek bridge, AND a custom battery cover made from a cool brass plate that I found at a flea market. 

I did all of the painting/finishing myself, which was definitely the most labor intensive and annoying part. Next time I'll have Warmoth do it, or just use a stain. 

I am really stoked on it, it looks great, it's not too heavy, it's balanced really well, and it sounds incredible. This was my first foray into building a guitar of any kind and I think I'll definitely be doing it again. Thanks everyone for all your help.

Attachments

• IMG_5163.JPG
    IMG_5163.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5164.JPG
    IMG_5164.JPG
    939.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5156.JPG
    IMG_5156.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4012.JPG
    IMG_4012.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4016.JPG
    IMG_4016.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4018.JPG
    IMG_4018.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5928.JPG
    IMG_5928.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
That is extremely cool, and a handsome bass.  Thanks for sharing the finished product!

A couple better pics

Attachments

• IMG_5929.JPG
    IMG_5929.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5930.JPG
    IMG_5930.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
Well done, Vic.  Very nice bass.  The world needs more bass players.

+1 on Warmoth finishes.  They do a fantastic job.  Although one of these days I'll finish one myself...

I haven't done one with 2Tek yet.  How's that bridge?

ghotiphry said:
Well done, Vic.  Very nice bass.  The world needs more bass players.

+1 on Warmoth finishes.  They do a fantastic job.  Although one of these days I'll finish one myself...

I haven't done one with 2Tek yet.  How's that bridge?

Thanks! 

The bridge seems great. The bass has great sustain and stays in tune really well, but who knows how much of that can really be attributed to the bridge.

That looks great! :headbang: Yes, the finishing is a long and arduous task, AND annoying! I have a 54 P-bass (dual EMG soapbars) and tele neck on order now.
Well done sir!

Back