I finally pulled the trigger

rahimiiii

I placed an order for a KOA neck with ebony board and abalone inlay as well as SS6115 fret... I hope this neck turns out to be gorgeous! I have been wanting a KOA neck for a while (I had one that looked pretty good back in the US) Going to have someone mod it for a floyd locally since the body and pickguard will have to be modified as well...

I wish they put more KOA necks on showcase... you don't see much of them anymore (and if you did it was either very expensive or totally crap)

Heyman!

I'm originally from Hawaii and Koa is King!  The wood of Hawaiian Royalty.Major Bucks!  I've dreamed about building a Les Paul made entirely from Flamed Koa.  :icon_thumright:Man.  Anyway, would love to see pics of your neck!  Later bruddah- ShaneMan

shaneman said:
Heyman!

I'm originally from Hawaii and Koa is King!  The wood of Hawaiian Royalty.Major Bucks!  I've dreamed about building a Les Paul made entirely from Flamed Koa.  :icon_thumright:Man.  Anyway, would love to see pics of your neck!  Later bruddah- ShaneMan

I hate to imagine what the price tag of that thing will be... probably about the same as a LP Studio though...

shaneman said:
Heyman!
... I've dreamed about building a Les Paul made entirely from Flamed Koa....
http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&start=1&itemNumber=LPCP68&menuItem=4&subMenuItem=0&subMenuItem2=0
You can start from this body if you like bolt on Les Pauls...

Back