I filmed this...

Vol. Knob

My daughter is a freakin riot.  We recorded this tonite.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEqWUIT7v80[/youtube]

Max said:
Nice nose.

And had to play Stairway, huh?

Hey, when we set up to record this, we had no intention of going silly.  As soon as I asked her "do you want me to count you in?", it was all over and we turned into jokers.  Its an inside joke with our band, and family, where we make fun of this song  as the original version, by Coby Calet, starts with "Will you count me in?", a line that annoys my wife (a classocally trained soprano, and our band vocalist) and her best friend (our band's other vocalist, also classically trained soprano).  So to screw with them when we play this song, I ask that question.  Though everyone seems to like the song, and it tends to get played at half our shows, and my daughter loves it.  I think its cheesy, but then again, I like Motorhead and early Black Sabbath.

Also, Guinevere has ADHD, and so do I.  Our medication had worn off by this time and it shows.  We tried to play "What I am" by Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians after this song, only with Guinevere doing a "Beatbox" thing instead of a guitar solo.  It went horribly as it took us 10 takes, and by that time we were exhaused.  We're gonna hold off for a few days and try again, the beatbox thing she came up with is beyond hilarious, it so totally doesnt fit the song.

The Stairway riff is more an homage to Waynes World. 
Guitar Store Clerk: "Dude, cant you read the sign?"   
sign: "Positively No Stairway!"

Ha, sounds good.

I used to be under ADHD meds, but I've calmed down over the years (haven't taken them since 5th grade, I think).

you've inspired me to never get a haircut again :laughing7:

I love doing fun and silly musical stuff with my son - I hope we continue to do so as he gets older (and get the younger one to join in). :icon_thumright:

I love doing fun and silly musical stuff with my son - I hope we continue to do so as he gets older (and get the younger one to join in).

Just wait 'till he surpasses you in skill

tallman said:
I love doing fun and silly musical stuff with my son - I hope we continue to do so as he gets older (and get the younger one to join in).

Just wait 'till he surpasses you in skill

I really hope that they do.

Vol Knob, I loved it bigtime, you guys so much remind me of my daughter and me.

I can see your a great Dad and she loves her daddy, I can also see she has you wrapped arround her finger, Like all good dad's should be with their daughters.

Congrats Vol Knob!  You got the rabbit ears a few times.  :laughing7:

Special times with you and your daughter. 

Back