I Came Home to a Waiting Warmoth

whitebison66

Went back to the US for vacation, and got back to Hong Kong Tuesday. There was a pair of boxes from "the turtle" (as my friends receptionist who doesn't speak English calls it). I have all my stuff sent to his office since I am never sure where I will be (and often am unsure of where I am).

I always liked the Jeff Beck strat, but didn't want to shell out that kind of $, and I wanted a 1 3/4" nut width. So in April, I called Warmoth for some parts, and I figured that while I was on the phone...

It's a poplar showcase body, contoured heel, surf green. Had it routed for 3 humbuckers just for general purpose. Then I took a chisel to it and knocked out the very thin dividers. Made it easier to shield.

Pearloid guard with volume and (maybe) tone. I'm trying to find a wiring diagram for using an EMG SPC control with 3 pickups and just a volume knob. So far I haven't found it, but I'm looking.

1 3/4" Fatback neck, maple and 'plain' rosewood. One of the many things I love about Warmoth is that you often get amazing wood without asking. This fingerboard is a case in point.

SS 6115 frets and a Corian Earvana factory installed nut. Schaller locking tuners, Am Std tremolo. I am looking forward to playing this one, so I need to get the parts and wiring going!!!

I got the Corian Warmoth Earvana nut and am a big fan now.  I can't wait for the angled headstock Warmoth Earvana corian nut.  Looks like a fun guitar.
Patrick

Nice look  :glasses9:  I have always been a fan of the Jeff Beck strat also.  Love the surf green!
That's good idea for your cavity.  It would make things much easier to work with.
:rock-on:

I got the wiring straightened out with some 'on-board' help (thanks Unwound!), and got it put together last night. The cavity approach worked out very well, since the battery now resides between the bridge and middle pickups! I used an 'S' Megaswitch and a longer-shafted pot, so there was no room in the control cavity. It still needs a bit of set-up, but it sounds great right out of the box. I was just ecstatic that I got the wiring right on the first try. I'll post pics once I get the right knobs and it's all set up.

whitebison66 said:
I got the wiring straightened out with some 'on-board' help (thanks Unwound!), and got it put together last night. The cavity approach worked out very well, since the battery now resides between the bridge and middle pickups! I used an 'S' Megaswitch and a longer-shafted pot, so there was no room in the control cavity. It still needs a bit of set-up, but it sounds great right out of the box. I was just ecstatic that I got the wiring right on the first try. I'll post pics once I get the right knobs and it's all set up.

You might want to route a battery box.  To remove the pickguard often requires removing the neck. 

Back