hum....GO STEELERS!

So long as Arizona doesn't choke.....

I really want to see a good game tonight, not Pittsburgh rolling over these guys before halftime.  At least the advertisements should prove entertaining.

I can't say I really care about football that much, but I suppose the Cards are the home team so I hope they do well, just so people won't act all depressed around here.

Phoenix has an extremely high concentration of fair-weather fans; when the Suns were in the finals in '95, this town was painted purple and orange (not pretty), but three weeks later it disappeared. Same thing with the Diamondbacks winning the series in 01, and now it's Cardinals fever from a lot of people who would have spit on a Cardinals player a year ago. There are some actual die hard fans, but not many.

I remember the Cardinals when they were in St. Louis.

Then the "Phoenix" Cardinals.

Now the Arizona Cardinals.

They're not my team, but I'll be rooting for them.

P.S. Bruce Springsteen is a talentless liberal tool.  :icon_biggrin:

rootin' for the Cards that they beat both opposing teams today (Steelers and the pro-Steeler zebra team determined to bring another trophy to their boyz)

R

Not related to the Superbowl, but I heard that the Saints were moving to the LA area.  They are building a stadium in Diamond Bar, and rumor has it that they were going to try to get the Saints. 

It was a while ago that I heard that though. 

Ok, game's over. The Cards put up a fight (well, not in the 1st or 3rd quarter), but it wasn't a total embarrassment and we made 'em work for it. By the end of this week our local thrift stores will be brimming with Cards merch. Gotta give credit to Pittsburgh: they really shut down Fitzgerald, and from the last three games (which is all I've seen), he's pretty much our points machine. He only had a couple of good plays all night.

Being a die hard steelers fan...I am relieved.  What a game.  I was in the can when fitzgerald ran for that TD.  I thought my house was coming done.  Thank God for Holmes...Big Ben probably told him to imagine the football as a big bag of ganja!!!  :laughing8:

Superlizard said:
I remember the Cardinals when they were in St. Louis.

Then the "Phoenix" Cardinals.

Now the Arizona Cardinals.

They're not my team, but I'll be rooting for them.

P.S. Bruce Springsteen is a talentless liberal tool.   :icon_biggrin:
Agreed.....100%

Did anyone else notice that the sound didn't change at all when Bruce stopped playing so he could do that stupid mic sharing thing at the end?

Back