HSH

christ462000

Hi all
Hope someone can help me,i need a wiring diagram for my HSH strat.I have a Barenuckle Stormy Monday in the bridge and neck and a Seymour Duncan lil 59 in the middle.
What i want to do is have 2 tone pots and 1 Volume pot and to split the neck and bridge with 1 pushpull plus treble bleed.Hope this is possible.
Thank you.

Yes, that is all possible but what pickups do you want to work with the tone controls?

What pickup combinations do you want in the various positions of the selector switch?

Do you want in the bridge/middle position for example the two humbuckers to autosplit with each other?

And of course, as the middle pickup is a Little 59 the combination is really HHH.

Thanks for answering stratamania
I would like to split the 2 humbuckers as you suggest
Here are the parts i have ordered
1 WD Music Pot Push Pull Long Shaft 500k With DPDT Switch
2 CTS GUITAR POT, 500K LONG SHAFT PREMIUM 450 SERIES WITH 9% TOLERANCE
1 CRL 5 Way Strat Switch With Spring Action
1 Sprague Orange Drop 022 Capacitor
1WD Music .01 Ceramic Capacitor, Ideal For Retaining Some Treble With Tone Control Rolled Off

Here is what I think would be a good wiring scheme based on the parts you have.

Remember you have three humbuckers, regardless of the size of the Little 59.

With a normal 5-way strat switch you have the following combinations available.

1. Bridge
2. Bridge and Middle
3. Middle
4. Middle and Neck
5. Neck

To get any other combination would require a different switch.

You have two tone controls and three pickups. Which pickups do you want the tone controls to influence? e.g. a standard strat would have no tone control for the bridge or it could be wired so one tone controls the bridge and the other the middle as in the diagram linked below. It would be simple to change as the wire to the tone pot you would just move to the corresponding hot wire lug for the respective pickup.

Back to splits...with the switch you have auto splits would not work as you would need a super switch but the splits could be achieved for the neck and bridge via the Push Pull DPDT and also the little 59 with a diagram I will link below.

1WD Music .01 Ceramic Capacitor, Ideal For Retaining Some Treble With Tone Control Rolled Off

Is this for the treble bleed if so it goes on the volume knob and would retain treble with the volume rolled off. A treble bleed using a cap is connected between the input and output lugs of the volume pot.

Here is a wiring that will work well I think with little adaptation. Ignore that they are single coil size humbuckers the wiring principles are the same. For the little 59 wire as the colours in the diagram and for the Bareknuckles map the wire colours as below compared to the SD wiring code.

Seymour Duncan      Black       White    Red Green
Bare Knuckle       Red       White     Green    Black

The below diagram also should have the advantage that when all three pickups are split the 2 and 4 positions should be hum cancelling.

SCHSCHSCH_5W_1Vpp3SPL_2T.jpg

Back