How to get vintage tint on neck?

Finish options will also depend on inlay or binding choice. Customer Service can tell you which ones it applies to, but I believe it disallows vintage tint with all white/pearloid inlays and anything but black binding. If you really want Vintage Tint and you give the OK to customer service that you acknowledge the tint will change the color of the inlays/binding, you might still be able to get it added to your order. 

I'm only going for a maple/maple neck with standard dots/inlays.  Not sure why the option doesn't come up for me...

cromulent said:
I'm only going for a maple/maple neck with standard dots/inlays.  Not sure why the option doesn't come up for me...

If you try to build a neck with the same lumber, inlays, etc., but in a different style or construction method, does it still exclude the vintage tint option?  I.e., if you're building a Strat neck, try it on a Hombre neck, or something - change it up.  Also, and I hate that this is true, but it sometimes is - sometimes you can make a given site's app work better by purging your cache and starting fresh on that site.  And if that won't work, try an email to webmaster@warmoth.com telling them what you're encountering.

PS, that guitar in my avatar pic is an adamas that after 20 years (bought it brand new then) is finally getting a little yellow patina. Aging just like me. The thing that seems to have affected it the most is sunshine.

This was actually a bug and should be fixed now. If you're still not seeing Vint Tint as an option, you can contact Customer Service.

Can you post a full screenshot of all the builder selections you're making?

Yes, this. We need to know exactly what product, and whether you're using the custom builder or choosing something from the showcase.
I am guessing you were trying to complete something from the showcase, in which case see Wolff05's post above.

Yes, this. We need to know exactly what product, and whether you're using the custom builder or choosing something from the showcase.
I am guessing you were trying to complete something from the showcase, in which case see Wolff05's post above.
It seems like scallops are the issue. Not sure why though...

It seems like scallops are the issue. Not sure why though...

Scallops have no bearing at all on which finishes you are offered. It's almost certainly the binding or fret dot options.

Although....if you are choosing scallops you may not be getting offered binding at all, which is the problem.

But again, can't say anything for sure until you tell us exactly what product, and whether you're using the custom builder or choosing something from the showcase. (And whether you are choosing scallops.)

Scallops have no bearing at all on which finishes you are offered. It's almost certainly the binding or fret dot options.

Although....if you are choosing scallops you may not be getting offered binding at all, which is the problem.

But again, can't say anything for sure until you tell us exactly what product, and whether you're using the custom builder or choosing something from the showcase. (And whether you are choosing scallops.)

I did the most vanilla build possible (sorry, can't screen shot the whole list). Tele neck, modern, maple/maple, standard thin, 6100 frets, standard dot inlays... If I choose scallops then I can't choose vintage tint. If I remove scallops then vintage tint shows up again.

I did the most vanilla build possible (sorry, can't screen shot the whole list). Tele neck, modern, maple/maple, standard thin, 6100 frets, standard dot inlays... If I choose scallops then I can't choose vintage tint. If I remove scallops then vintage tint shows up again.

Ah, now I see. The problem isn't with the scallops directly, but rather that the choice of scallops prevents the binding option from being displayed (can't have both) and the Vintage Tint option relies on a value from the Binding option to know whether to become visible or not. This is because we are trying to prevent people from ordering White binding, and then getting Vintage Tint over the top, which would turn it yellow.

So what's happening is when you arrive at the Finish option, the builder looks back to make sure you didn't choose White Binding, but there is no value for Binding at all, so the website shrugs is shoulders and doesn't know what to do.

These are the kinds of brain-teasers we work on every day. I'll work on this today.

Ah, now I see. The problem isn't with the scallops directly, but rather that the choice of scallops prevents the binding option from being displayed (can't have both) and the Vintage Tint option relies on a value from the Binding option to know whether to become visible or not. This is because we are trying to prevent people from ordering White binding, and then getting Vintage Tint over the top, which would turn it yellow.

So what's happening is when you arrive at the Finish option, the builder looks back to make sure you didn't choose White Binding, but there is no value for Binding at all, so the website shrugs is shoulders and doesn't know what to do.

These are the kinds of brain-teasers we work on every day. I'll work on this today.
Cool I uncovered a bug!

Cool I uncovered a bug!

OK.....give it a try now.

I've changed it so that if you choose Scallops you are still forced through the Binding option. That way a value for Binding is present once your reach the Finish option.

Now, to wait for the complaints that will go something like this: "Why are you making me choose binding when the only option is 'None'?"

lol

Back