how to get a backbow in my neck?

Orpheo

I have a warmothneck, but it needs to have a bigger relief. not arched, but shallow. I hope you guys understand? how can I achieve this? the trussrod nut is allready loose, but still; it wont budge.

So even at full string tension you've got no relief in your fingerboard with a loose truss rod?

a back bow is not relief. A back bow is considered the opposite of the forward bowing that occurs when you loosen the truss rod.

if you need your neck to have more of a forward curve I would suggest tuning above pitch a bit and letting it sit that way for a few days...

I took the neck off, put it on again, and funny enough, it works like a charm now. how it worked, I dont know, but I'm happy now. well, I always have been happy with this axe.

Alfang said:
you evidently didn' have the neck totaly seated in the pocket

yes, it was. I always check and doublecheck before  I screw it on. if the neck wasnt seated properly, I dont think the screws would've gone in as easy as they did...

If you are getting a lot of buzzing in the upper frets even with rather high action, try to tighten the neck screw more, a lot of times that is usually the culprit.

rahimiiii said:
If you are getting a lot of buzzing in the upper frets even with rather high action, try to tighten the neck screw more, a lot of times that is usually the culprit.

its actually more with the lower frets. its not just fretbuzz, but it also has an anoying rattle somewhere. seems to be resonance. its only with the G. not just the g-string, but the note g in general. but I think its gone. it comes, and it goes.

Back