How much do YOU spend on Warmoth???

Dinosaur bones themselves are fairly common, and some don't have any scientific value. They obviously want to find the yet-unknown species but there are a number that are so well-known they don't even bother digging them up anymore.

You ever collect baseball cards? At some point you're almost complete on the series and just need a Mike Schmidt. But instead, you keep getting the same nobody player over and over. It's like that. 

...except that someone is making $100 guitar picks out of the unwanted fossils, that is. 

5 builds, range from $1,100 to $1,400.  The body, neck, and all remaining hardware roughly make up equal 1/3s.  One may have come in under a grand because of extenuating circumstances, but I never went this route to save money.  I did it to get what I wanted.  It's easier to bond with inanimate objects when there's not identical versions of them churned out and hanging in retail spaces.  I do run into the brand name fanboys that think they're cheap knockoffs, to which I say, they ain't cheap.

I try to avoid the $1,000 mark but I rarely do when you factor in paint. It helps somewhat that I generally don't care much for flame, quilt, birdseye, binding, etc., but still.

I do have a weakness for incomplete projects. The cost of what I build isn't the problem, it's the cost of what I don't wind up using. I'm going to set a one-guitar-every-two-years rule starting right now. Which means I need to buy a guitar to go with the paint I just sent Tonar.

Back