How many suggestions from The Suggestion Box have been taken on?

O

OzziePete

Looking at The Suggestion Box section in this forum there's a whole list of things we have suggested. Some do-able, some not-so and some that require a lot of development if taken up and some that are plain not on.

Having just loaded another pet topic of mine up as a suggestion there, I was wondering which suggestions have actually seen the light of day at Warmoth as expanded options or new products since this forum has had that Section?

Or am I and others who offer up reasonable suggestions just bashing our heads against a wall?  :dontknow:

I once asked for a one off Antigua Burst body and was told they couldn't do custom paint at that time (too busy).  Then, like a year later (when the funds had reallocated themselves, of course), they started offering it as an option.  I still would love an antigua Strat or Tele Thinline, but college is expensive, and I really do have all the guitars I NEED.

dudesweet157 said:
I once asked for a one off Antigua Burst body and was told they couldn't do custom paint at that time (too busy).  Then, like a year later (when the funds had reallocated themselves, of course), they started offering it as an option.  I still would love an antigua Strat or Tele Thinline, but college is expensive, and I really do have all the guitars I NEED CAN RATIONALIZE THIS WEEK.

FTFY.  HTH.  HAND.

Bagman

Fair question.  Not many, IMO.  Just being totally honest.  More than a few are very small market and the cost to bring them to the market could outweigh the potential return.  In other words, a very long ROI.

Please bear in mind UW is not the only source for suggestions and new input.  What is requested here is also balanced against direct customer input.  This, along with industry trends, help shape new offerings.

Don't take this to mean new options are *not* coming out, as new options and finishes come out on a semi-regular basis.  And there are more options under development.

SolomonHelsing said:
Input jack semi automatic pistol? or is that just me  :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

DangerousR6 has got that one covered I think?

Thanx for the reply 'from the workbench' Eric. I wasn't taking any shots at Warmoth but just got curious how many of these suggestions got taken up in the end. You'd be stupid to just take our word for what is wanted as new options etc. as we'd probably send Ken broke in a  month trying to introduce them all.

I guess, yeah, the ROI is something to take into account, but some suggestions shouldn't be that costly to implement ... especially when it comes to varieties of routs etc that may already be on other bodies or pickguards. (The templates, tooling, any cnc programming etc.) The lack of an option on one model, but available on another, kinda mystifies me.  I am a victim of that sort of circumstance with your JM options.

Back