How many guitars do you own?

N+1 is a formula used by some and N-1 may be used by others dependent on at which point you are at.

All string instruments, electric or acoustic, guitar, bass, resonator, mandolin, banjo, etc
That are currently playable (not in progress)
About 24

Since we're listing current crop ...
1) Adamas MEWP (as in my avatar)
2) Ovation Country Artist 1624
3) Warmoth Nashville Tele
4) Warmoth Tele Deluxe
5) Warmoth Jazzmaster
6) Warmoth VIP

Honestly, when I get more than 8 it's too much, so I have to thin the herd back down to 5 and start over. Someday I'll find that perfect guitar. Got 2 more in this grouping.

Over a lifetime, probably 20. Though I’ve swapped out necks changed pups tuners pots etc lots of times.

Last edited:
Just counting now,
6 telecasters, one LP JR, one fender XII, one Peggy White guitar, and one Yamaha acoustic. That makes 10!

I am down/up to 9.

I had 10 and gave one away

Then I got my new warmoth build and gave away another.

I think 10 is my max number. I like everything I have left, and would be saddened if any were gone.

IF I get another guitar, it'll be a warmoth, or something weird like a bc rich bich 10 string or a strandberg.

1 acoustic and 2 electrics, one being kind of a backup of the main one.

A new guitar is in process, and after that I'll sell one of the other two. Then I'm planning another one, and after that I'll sell the other of the current two I'm using.

I would like to have money and space to get/keep so many guitars, although I'm really happy with my main axe, and the backup one is just for peace of mind. Having a very custom configuration makes me worry of having nothing if any problem arises.

I had 25 at one time (got yelled at) then pared that down to 6, currently up to 12, but one is a bass and another is an acoustic 12 string.

Twenty guitars - one nylon string acoustic needs major repairs plus a twenty-first Strat-shaped object that in the process of parts acquisition.
Three basses
Three Mandolins - one bowl back that needs new tuners, a proper bridge and a new tailpiece
One concert ukulele
One Guitalele
Two violins that need repairs
One dulcimer
Almost enough extra parts to build a 335-12 string thing.
I think that's all.

Currently, 2 basses (one electric, one accoustic Fretless), 2 Electric guitars and one accoustic guitar that I lend to my Mother in Law

2 "commercial" electrics
1 Warmoth and 1 Musikraft electric
1 Warmoth bass
1 acoustic

I'm thinking N+1, either P-90 or TV Jones, maybe chambered... I don't tend to "get around" to more than 3-4 electrics with regularity, so when I've had more, they've tended to go unplayed for many months at a time.

Back