How long do your Warmoth necks last?

Back to the OP,

I have, er, seven warmoth necks ranging from 8 years old to 20 years old.  I play every day, rehearse with the band once a week, and play out 12 times a year.

With the exception of normal wear and tear (fret wear, dings, finish rubbing away), they are all good.  Straight as an arrow. 

No problems here on my end.

anybody still servicing the toys of a dying hobby/industry does not have any ability to predict the future unless they already made a killing in the stock market and are doing it for fun.

Thanks for the feedback all. It's reassuring to hear that others are getting the expected lifespan out of their necks. Hopefully leveling the frets on the strat will fix the issue and all will be well. Worst case replacing the neck down the road isn't the end of the world either. They're pretty affordable.

Cagey said:
Incidentally, I've been working with Warmoth parts of my own and others for roughly 12 years, with 45+ years of goofing around with guitars in general. I've never heard of anybody just "tossing" one, or even replacing it for that matter. I wouldn't consider them "disposable" at all.
Exactly, my oldest neck is pushing 20 yrs old and just as solid as a rock...

fwiw my first Warmoth neck is at least 23 years old -- I got it in 1996 but it was already on a "pre-owned" instrument then, so I have no idea how old it really is -- and it shows no signs of failure. Or of even moving much, that bitch is solid!

My newest Warmoth is about 6 years old now and as good as ever! No issues with it yet.

Also, have any more shots of the neck in question? I'm with beltjones' reply, that doesn't quite look like it's quartersawn maple to me :dontknow:

None of the Warmoth necks I own has displayed any sign of what could be described as wear, with the oldest one heading to the 20-year mark. My OWN neck, on the other hand...

Nope, still on the 10 yr old application of it too.
Never once even had to adjust the truss rod since the initial setup either.

I finished all the ones that require a finish with Tru Oil and haven't had any issues with any of them. That's about half a dozen necks.

The flat-dawn maple neck on my yellow Strat was finished with Tru-Oil (only the fretboard was finished with polyurethane) and 6 years later, no problems.

I have a unfinished Birdseye maple from 86 or 87 that is still my daily driver. Just put it on a different Warmoth body, while I clean up the original body I bought with the neck. Only had to put a new nut on recently, frets are close to an old “fretless wonder” Les Paul though! 30 plus years with out an issue!

Back