How funky is this???

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
It just look like a floyd nut.

Am i not seeing something? :sad1:

It's intonation compensated (similar to Eavana nut, and Phil's other product the Funky Nut). 

Don't think I've seen anything like this available for Floyds before, could be onto something here Phil.

Good Skills

Nice one Phil!
If someone from the US were to ship you a neck, what would you charge to install that bad boy and how should it be prepped? Not for me, of course, I'm just curious.

At the present time I only offer Funky Nuts here in the UK.
I suppose that it would be possible to send a guitar over (not just a neck) from the USA, but it would work out quite expensive.

Due to the very positive feedback I've had on the Funky Nut, I am working on making it a bit easier to sell!!
However, I'm very fussy about things like nut slot heights, and this is causing problems...
(I wouldn't want a poorly installed Funky Nut to cause any bad press or whatever)

I realise that I could (probably) make quite a bit of money with an easy to sell, easy to install Funky Nut.
There is something inside me which has always stopped me from selling out...giving a less good service, but making more money.

On the "Funky Floyd Nut", the black part is attached (glued) to the end of the fretboard.
An added advantage of this is that the open strings have a "normal" tone.
Also the nut slot heights can be cut "just so".

Well, you could sell them with only very rough nut slots cut out, with the explicit instruction that someone with expertise in nut filing finish the job. I can understand your unwillingness to become a nut factory, though.

I make each one to fit the individual guitar.
So they are only available fitted, and here in the UK.

I really wish that I could work out a way to make them available for others to fit.

Funky Phil said:
I make each one to fit the individual guitar.
So they are only available fitted, and here in the UK.

I really wish that I could work out a way to make them available for others to fit.
Dang.

Back