how can a tele thinline not be neck heavy?

vtpcnk

with bodies weighing at 2 1/2 lbs how can the guitar not be neck heavy?

even with my 4 1/2 lbs plus body i always feel the neck dragging down on my tele.

Mine is 3.5 and I don't feel it's neck heavy. A lot depends on the weight of the neck and tuners which can vary a lot.

My Thinline has the same weight as my (solid) strat: 4lbs & 2oz. None of them is neck heavy. If you are building a Thinline find a mid weight body and neck not made from heavy woods.

don't forget about strap placement. The closer to the tuning pegs that the upper strap lock/button is then the more balanced the guitar can be. Gibson and Epiphone SG's are very unbalanced because the upper strap button is on the back of the body behind the neck joint. When I moved the button to the upper horn of my Epiphone SG the balance was significantly better. Tony Iommi did this mod to all of his SG's for the same reason. A stratocaster has a very long upper horn which hovers over the 14th fret of the guitar which makes me imagine that it would be very difficult to make a strat body light enough to cause awful neckdive.

Low down that guitar!!!!
The much more it gets angled (the neck going up to reach your hand) the less it will tend to dive, I think...

Keith-Richards_0.jpg

Back