Holy Cr@p! Black Korina Explorer with Scalloped Bocote Fingerboard

2ManyShoes

I custom ordered this about 6 weeks ago and wasn't expecting it for another month, but it's on its way.  More pics when it arrives!  Woot!

Chambered Explorer body
Black Korina on Black Korina
Tobacco Burst with vintage tint natural binding

Mahogany neck with scalloped bocote finterboard
Vintage tint satin finish (back only)

Is that beautiful, or what???

:blob7: :blob7: :blob7:

mero said:
wow that fretboard is tripppppppppy  :rock-on:

It was a unique choice.  I wanted that really wavy look, and it looks like it was worth the $65 upgrade.  Exactly what I was looking for!

Oh my god, that neck is sick!    I'm still not sure if I'm looking at the pic or having a seizure.

:)

You're hitting us low punches... That is like showing Scarllet Johansson nakkid and you could have it for US$1million to a blue collar worker :laughing7:

WOW thats gonna be the best Explorer out there. Everything is going for it , love that bridge
setup. What's the hardware / pups?

leo12. said:
WOW thats gonna be the best Explorer out there. Everything is going for it , love that bridge
setup. What's the hardware / pups?

Grosh Blown '59 in the bridge, Fralin Unbucker in the neck.  (Both tapped with push-pull pots.)  TOM bridge (recessed).  Schaller locking tuners.  TUSQ XL nut.  6105 SS frets.  Electrosocket jack.

:icon_biggrin:

I will just agree with everyone else, damn that is awesome.

Scalloping really shows off the grain. Its like throwing it on a roller coaster!

Like I said in another post, Lots of BK builds at the present.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
How'd you get pics of a custom order from the shop?
Yeah How ?

Great body and Neck  :eek:  :icon_thumright:
I love my Recessed TOM and string though.

This'll rock the house down.  :guitarplayer2:

Does that have Natural masked binding on it ?
(Looks like it)

Wow!
I always love the look of BK with tobacco burst. 
Need some more close ups of how the masked/tint binding looks and the back of guitar when it arrives.    Its beautiful.  Congrats and keep those pics coming.  Should be a wild beast when its all put together.

Back