HH P-rails with two separate ON/ON/ON switches?

Log

Hey there, I’ve wired up this diagram and not getting any kind of output when I’m going through the DPDT switches. I’ve been pulling my hair out and trying all different combination and just can’t seem to get it right!

You need to provide more information / types of pickups / photos etc. Troubleshooting steps you have done to isolate the problem for any further help to be offered.

You need to provide more information / types of pickups / photos etc. Troubleshooting steps you have done to isolate the problem for any further help to be offered.
SD P Rails pickups. I’ve bypassed the mini toggles and gotten signal but the whole point is that I need to switch modes.

Hey there, I’ve wired up this diagram and not getting any kind of output when I’m going through the DPDT switches. I’ve been pulling my hair out and trying all different combination and just can’t seem to get it right!

Wondering if anyone has any experience with these switches? I don’t quite understand how they work and what needs to happen for the pickup to function

Ah okay follow this.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with these switches? I don’t quite understand how they work and what needs to happen for the pickup to function
Yes see my post above.

Check also whether you have on-on-on or on-off-on switches, as the wiring differs.

Ah okay follow this.

SD webpage does not provide any diagrams for on on on mini toggles.

Just to be clear. on/on/on or on/off/on are DP3T not DPDP.

If you have DPDT then the duncan scheme works but you would need 4 of them to control each pickup individually. They will not work for the Guitar Electronics diagram.

You will need to ensure you have the correct type of switches to proceed with trouble shooting.

Last edited:
Sorry I got it back wards. I have edited my post to reflect as such. The T is for Throw (positions) so a on/on/on or on/off/on is a Three Throw (position) switch.

Sorry I got it back wards. I have edited my post to reflect as such. The T is for Throw (positions) so a on/on/on or on/off/on is a Three Throw (position) switch.

Technically, I agree this is indeed correct, although many guitar parts suppliers and wiring diagrams will refer to them as DPDT on on on or on off on even when there are three positions. A bit like not all vacuum cleaners are hoovers.

This where I'm buying my mini switch for the next build ...

That is actually a 3PDT, but is not what is needed for what is being asked about in this thread.

Back