Hey Wyl-i-ee

DangerousR6 said:
Marko said:
rapfohl09 said:
I think someone built a one of these a while back right? I will try to find the thread.

Is this the same as PT's???

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=14942.msg214400#msg214400

DSCN0416.jpg
Looks like it is... :glasses9:

Yep it is! :party07:

PT said:
DangerousR6 said:
Marko said:
rapfohl09 said:
I think someone built a one of these a while back right? I will try to find the thread.

Is this the same as PT's???

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=14942.msg214400#msg214400

DSCN0416.jpg
Looks like it is... :glasses9:

Yep it is! :party07:

Yeah thats it! Haha glad someone had the motivation to find it. I gave up after like 5 minutes haha.

Ya gotta figure, for every production model that's been released, upwards of sometimes 10 prototypes were made, with constant revisions in design and programming at each stage to finally arrive at what is finally released.  There's a lot of cost involved with this process in materials & labor.  If the market doesn't express and overwhelming interest to the product before being released, then there's not much of a justification for releasing said product.

Best bet, order it as a one-off, tell all your friends to order the same.  If they do, perhaps theirs a chance that a market is then perceived.

I have a flat 7 and a G5, and the bodies are very similar - just a slight difference in the horns. I guess the guy drawing them got confused. :icon_thumright:

But yeah, a 25" scale, 24-fret six-string, duh.

S6300091.jpg

The weirdest thing, they both have the same kind of string tree button!

S6300092.jpg

Wackadoo, wackadoo, wackadoo.....

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
Best bet, order it as a one-off, tell all your friends to order the same.  If they do, perhaps theirs a chance that a market is then perceived.

If I want something, it's because I want it, not the hopes that my custom order upcharge will be a standard option for some anonymous schmoe down the road.

Needs a Turbo Deluxe Floyd said:
TonyFlyingSquirrel said:

If I want something, it's because I want it, not the hopes that my custom order upcharge will be a standard option for some anonymous schmoe down the road.

I realize that, but perhaps by you accomplishing your desire to own an instrument built to your spec, you may in turn be part of the reason that someone else is able to do the same down the road, as you will have paid it forward.

While I understand that R&D needs to be recouped, if you are sitting on a design that has already been developed (7 string) and have interest, is it not in the company interest to offer that said design with the more common options (6 string pocket, a couple of bridge options (floyd included)etc) to test the market.
If I had something like this I would stick my stamp on it and trial it.
If the market is there the R&D will come back home.

Back