Hey, I’m the New Guy!

captainsmooth

Hello fellow musicians! Just wanted to stop in and intro myself. Some of you may know me from other boards like TB, TGP, etc. Sometimes you’ll catch my witty (read as poor Dad humor) comments on the Warmoth Instagram. I’m brand new here at the Warmoth forums, and am very excited to jump into the discussion with this great community!

I’ve been a a Warmoth fan for about 15 years. I first learned about them when talking replacement parts with a friend in high school. I’ve owned 3 various Warmoth builds over the years- two basses and one guitar- that I acquired in various trade deals. All three were excellent instruments, though I have since traded/sold them off. I can’t tell you the hours I’ve spent over the years playing with the custom builder. It’s like art therapy for me. I finally pulled the trigger back in March, ordering a custom body and neck for a build I’ve been dreaming up for quite some time. The wonderful folks at Warmoth were kind enough to work with me, and are willing to experiment on making a 34” scale Mooncaster Bass body for me. I’m beyond excited. I’ll be posting updates and photos in other threads as that build comes along. In the meantime, I’ve already joined in on other discussions!  Looking forward to meeting you all through the screen!

Welcome!

Do your friends call you Captain, or Smooth?

Hey Rob! Haha thanks for the compliment! Who doesn’t love Wes Anderson?!?

Aaron- huge fan! You can call me whatever you want lol. But most folks I know lovingly refer to me as Captain, or just plain ole Danny works too ;)

Welcome to the forum.
34” scale Mooncaster bass you say?
I assume you’ve seen all the build threads from Ghotiphry? He’s done quite a few such basses.

Logrinn said:
Welcome to the forum.
34” scale Mooncaster bass you say?
I assume you’ve seen all the build threads from Ghotiphry? He’s done quite a few such basses.

Hey! Thanks! Yes, I have been through all of their posts. He’s ordered some beautiful Mooncaster basses. I definitely share his love of that body style. I didn’t notice a 34” build he’d done, but I’ll look again as I’d love to hear his thoughts.

captainsmooth said:
Hey! Thanks! Yes, I have been through all of their posts. He’s ordered some beautiful Mooncaster basses. I definitely share his love of that body style. I didn’t notice a 34” build he’d done, but I’ll look again as I’d love to hear his thoughts.

You’re right of course. I believe the basses he has built are shorter than 34”. My mistake. I was thinking of his Mooncaster basses as such and didn’t really consider the scale length of those.

Back