Hey Gregg.....?

DangerousR6

Mythical Status
So why does Warmoth not use paypal. Me personally, I think you'd probably get a lot more business if ya'll would join in with the rest of the 21st century...I know I'd be apt to buy a lot more, since I keep a paypal ballance...But that's just me.... :dontknow:

PayPal charges a larger % on the gross transaction amount than MC/VISA, they'd have to charge more for PayPal or more on aggregate pricing.

jackthehack said:
PayPal charges a larger % on the gross transaction amount than MC/VISA, they'd have to charge more for PayPal or more on aggregate pricing.
Most credit card company's usually charge 3-4% per transaction, paypal's is not even 3%, based on what my charges have been.  So how do you figure?

DangerousR6 said:
jackthehack said:
Most credit card company's usually charge 3-4% per transaction, paypal's is not even 3%, based on what my charges have been.  So how do you figure?

One other thing - Paypal hangs on to your money for quite a long time.  Not good when you have business that requires cash flow for materials, bank loans, and payroll

mayfly said:
DangerousR6 said:
jackthehack said:

One other thing - Paypal hangs on to your money for quite a long time.  Not good when you have business that requires cash flow for materials, bank loans, and payroll

Another thing that I forgot - last time I was dealing with the banks over credit card transaction rates, I managed to get them down to 8 cents per transaction.  Yep, that's 8 cents Canadian. 

Paypal is a bit more expensive than this.

We actually looked into it a few months ago and Paypal was indeed more expensive than the credit cards. We do not have the profit margin built into our products to increase operating expenses.

mayfly said:
Another thing that I forgot - last time I was dealing with the banks over credit card transaction rates, I managed to get them down to 8 cents per transaction.  Yep, that's 8 cents Canadian. 

Paypal is a bit more expensive than this.

just A BIT MORE expensive?  :tard:

R

mayfly said:

This is another strong reason not to do Paypal as a business.  The time it takes to get paid. 

Gregg said:
We actually looked into it a few months ago and Paypal was indeed more expensive than the credit cards. We do not have the profit margin built into our products to increase operating expenses.
Hmmmmmm, well that suxxxxx. I would have thought they would at least try to be competitive with CC companies, especially for larger businesses... :dontknow:

Wyliee said:
mayfly said:

This is another strong reason not to do Paypal as a business.  The time it takes to get paid. 
You are right there Wyliee, that is a bit of a draw back. I guess really then it's only a plus for the consumers...

Paypal makes their business by creating credit card acceptance for people who can't otherwise carry the volume. They charge a premium to give consumers access and will never be less than typical merchant services.

Gregg said:
We actually looked into it a few months ago and Paypal was indeed more expensive than the credit cards.
Every time I ordered I used credit cards and had no problem with Warmoth. If Paypal is more expensive just don't do it.

The bottom Line is this, if people didn't mind waiting and paying more for paypal, I'm sure W would eventualy accept it.

I've never used paypal so I really don't know what I'm talking about, so clue me in, why use paypal instead of debit/credit card?

Alfang said:
The bottom Line is this, if people didn't mind waiting and paying more for paypal, I'm sure W would eventualy accept it.

I've never used paypal so I really don't know what I'm talking about, so clue me in, why use paypal instead of debit/credit card?

It's great for payment obfuscation from the spousal unit.  Buy and sell on Paypal and it won't show up on your credit card.  Or so I've heard.........

Wyliee said:
Alfang said:

Or so I've heard.........

:laughing11: :laughing3: :laughing7:

Back