Hey, DocNrock!

Woah, UnwoundG and DocNrock, those are awesome!  I love the red quilt Strat in the 2nd picture, Unwound.  And DocNrock, I really like the WGD and the bloodwood Strat. 

Who else has some amazing collections?  Post more guys, this is fun!

Thanks!  They play and sound just as good as they look!  But Hannaugh, the bloodwood "Strat" is actually a Soloist.    :icon_biggrin:

The WGD is going through some changes, as well.  I stripped the passive pups because the EMG booster added little if anything to them (I therefore copped the pups to other builds).  Since it already has a battery box, it is getting a full set of EMGs.  A 60 in the neck, and HA in the middle, and an 85 in the bridge.  Of course, since it will have EMG pups, the battery box route will be widened to two batteries, as EMGs "need" the 18v mod.   :laughing7: :evil4:

And thank you, too, Kboman! 

On another note, I just got home from being on-call and I am wiped.  Covering General Surgery problems from the ER I admitted 6 people and ended up operating on all of them for their true emergencies, as well as the three scheduled cases I had earlier yesterday.  9 cases in a 24 hour period is pretty much a record at my hospital.  After finishing my routinely scheduled day today, I got home at 4 pm today, after leaving home at 6:30am yesterday...and I'm on-call again tomorrow...yay!   :laughing7:

DocNrock said:
Thanks!  They play and sound just as good as they look!  But Hannaugh, the bloodwood "Strat" is actually a Soloist.    :icon_biggrin:

The WGD is going through some changes, as well.  I stripped the passive pups because the EMG booster added little if anything to them (I therefore copped the pups to other builds).  Since it already has a battery box, it is getting a full set of EMGs.  A 60 in the neck, and HA in the middle, and an 85 in the bridge.  Of course, since it will have EMG pups, the battery box route will be widened to two batteries, as EMGs "need" the 18v mod.   :laughing7: :evil4:

On another note, I just got home from being on-call and I am wiped.  Covering General Surgery problems from the ER I admitted 6 people and ended up operating on all of them for their true emergencies, as well as the three scheduled cases I had earlier yesterday.  9 cases in a 24 hour period is pretty much a record at my hospital.  After finishing my routinely scheduled day today, I got home at 4 pm today, after leaving home at 6:30am yesterday...and I'm on-call again tomorrow...yay!   :laughing7:
whew....that's a full 2 days.... :eek:

DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:

...and once the caffeine wears off, I plan on slipping into a nice, comforable coma...until tomorrow morning...when I get to do it again.  :laughing7:

hannaugh said:
Geez, that's a rough schedule.  Sounds like rep theater!

What is "rep theater?"  :dontknow:

Edit:  Another secret to keep going is don't eat!  Eating will make you really tired, really fast.  However, it is now after 5 pm my time, which means one of my partners is on-call.  Now I can gorge dinner, which will offset the caffeine...come on overnight coma... :laughing7:

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:

...and once the caffeine wears off, I plan on slipping into a nice, comforable coma...until tomorrow morning...when I get to do it again.   :laughing7:
:sad:

DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:

...and once the caffeine wears off, I plan on slipping into a nice, comforable coma...until tomorrow morning...when I get to do it again.   :laughing7:
:sad:

I usually only do this about 8 days a month, which is about every 4th day on the average.  However, this month I have two one-week vacations, but I still have to do my number of days...soooooo...don't feel too sorry for me.  :icon_thumright:

DocNrock said:
hannaugh said:
Geez, that's a rough schedule.  Sounds like rep theater!

What is "rep theater?"  :dontknow:

Edit:  Another secret to keep going is don't eat!  Eating will make you really tired, really fast.  However, it is now after 5 pm my time, which means one of my partners is on-call.  Now I can gorge dinner, which will offset the caffeine...come on overnight coma... :laughing7:

Repertory theater.  It's the worst job you can have as a theater tech person.  Especially if it is summer stock.

Basically you have 5 or 6 shows going on in 2 or 3 theater spaces, and the tech people have to work all day building the stuff for the shows and then at night after the show is over you have to take one set and lights down and put up the one for the show that will go on tomorrow.  I did it once and I had one day off per week and the rest of the week I was working 13 hours a day, and it was intense physical labor because I was on scenery crew.  The craziest thing was that I lost weight that summer, but I was consuming an average of 3000 calories per day. 

That's just plain nonsense... Sorry Brent you can't prove me a person will be on his full capacity after say 16h of work... That's how the crap hits the fan, usually...

Not a comment about you, I'm talking about the hospitals and etc... They should have enough guys to do it...

NonsenseTele said:
That's just plain nonsense... Sorry Brent you can't prove me a person will be on his full capacity after say 16h of work... That's how the crap hits the fan, usually...

Not a comment about you, I'm talking about the hospitals and etc... They should have enough guys to do it...

Fernando, this was an unusual circumstance.  It is not usually this busy...like I said, this was likely a record.  The thing is though, and this is what is jammed into us during our training, when you have someone's life in your hands, there is NO time for a mistake.  Believe it or not, when you are in that position, you are more alert than after you had your first cup of coffee in the morning.  You just fade after the case is done.

On a different note, time to fade to Family Guy.  :laughing7:

Wow Doc, that's rough.  

You need someones pad to write four prescriptions.  Family time, Guitar, Food and Sleep.  
Warning: Side effects may include euphoria, minor gastrointestinal distress, extreme bouts of rocking out, and temporary coma.

Blue313 said:
Wow Doc, that's rough.  

You need someones pad to write four prescriptions.  Family time, Guitar, Food and Sleep.  
Warning: Side effects may include euphoria, minor gastrointestinal distress, extreme bouts of rocking out, and temporary coma.

I saw my wife yesterday and will see her tonight, I rocked out once I got home today, I'm eating dinner as we speak, and I'll be sleeping within an hour or two....and I had the honor of saving 6 lives over the 24 hours I was on-call.  I like my job.  :icon_thumright:

DocNrock said:
you are more alert than after you had your first cup of coffee in the morning.

I'm never alert in the morning :laughing7:

I know Doc, but I work in a condition that don't matter how many hours I've been working, if I make a mistake, I'll be on Firing Squad alone... Hope things are not like this there, but this thing makes me really sick...

NonsenseTele said:
DocNrock said:
you are more alert than after you had your first cup of coffee in the morning.

I'm never alert in the morning :laughing7:

I know Doc, but I work in a condition that don't matter how many hours I've been working, if I make a mistake, I'll be on Firing Squad alone... Hope things are not like this there, but this thing makes me really sick...

The thing is, Fernando, is that I rarely encounter anything difficult at the wee hours of the night.  The vast majority of these operations I could do "in my sleep," literally...although I really am awake.  If I really need a second surgeon, I can always call the Trauma surgeon-on-call to come in to help.  I've had to do that once in 8 years.  Its not the "middle of the night cases" that get you...its doing your scheduled day the day after call.  I don't schedule cases the following day, but I do see people in the office.

I would think you would be pretty alert with all of the adrenaline from working in an emergency situation.

If I screw up, people send their food back.  You do good stuff, there, Doc.  I hope that occasionally people remember to thank you.

guitlouie said:
If I screw up, people send their food back.  You do good stuff, there, Doc.  I hope that occasionally people remember to thank you.

Thanks Guitlouie, and occasionally they do.   :icon_thumright:

It's all good.  Even if they don't, I know what I did. 

...and good night, and good coma.  :laughing7:

Back