Hermit

PS if my desire to be a cave dweller degresses into a talk of politics, I will be performing sepuku on myself.

Thanks,
Luke

the cool thing is most caves don't have internet - so you won't be able to read message board discussions that you don't want to read.  :laughing7:

I totally know what you mean.  After I went to Carlsbad Caverns, I wanted to live there.  I would have to wear a sweatshirt all the time though because the temp never changes and it's like a fridge. 

That's pretty practical though as you wouldn't need an actual fridge then :)

And a whole mammoth?! Whoa, count me in...

Maybe not a hermit then, but part of a group of cave dwellers.. yall can join me! hehe  :toothy10:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Unique-Cave-Home-over-15,000-sf.-Beautiful-setting_W0QQitemZ330306913609QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090210?IMSfp=TL090210206005r25579

6ebd_1.JPG

So long as we can run power in there.  The natural reverb should be killer.  :icon_biggrin:

I would be a more cabin-in-the-woods style hermit. But caves are sweet too. Can I come? I would probably want to bring weird acoustic instruments.

Caves are so amazing.  I would highly recommend a caving vacation to anyone who has never been to one.  I went to Carlsbad Caverns and Kartchner Caverns last summer, and I can't wait to find more.

aven14.jpg

hannaugh said:
Caves are so amazing.  I would highly recommend a caving vacation to anyone who has never been to one.  I went to Carlsbad Caverns and Kartchner Caverns last summer, and I can't wait to find more.

aven14.jpg

that is almost a roger dean painting! ;)

I like caves too!! have seen many all over mainland europe, UK , Ireland and the US!
I'll give you some tips for nice caves to visit on your honeymoon later! :)

Oh man, Irish caves!  Sweet!  My fiance loves caves too.  We're going to have so much fun over there!

A wonderful region if you are into caves and cave dwellers is the Dordogne region in France. It has the Lascaux cave, but also dozens of others. And in some places are the remnants of fortifications that were built making use of natural caves in cliff faces. Some of these were inhabited starting in the stone age and continuing into the first half of the 20th century. A number have been turned into museums and restored into the state as it was a hundred, two hundred or five hundred years ago. Really fascinating stuff.

There's a town in the State of South Australia called Coober Pedy.

It's in the middle of nowhere, desert setting, and a lot of people live in underground dwellings to have a home that has a cooler environment than the blazing heat outside.

Being a mining town (opals), I guess it was just as easy for the miners to dig out their home, as dig their mine shafts and tunnels.

From what people have told me, quite a number of people who want to be left alone like hermits, find themselves in this town and as a result of this, and the desert surroundings, there's some real strange atmosphere to the place. I also believe it has some landscape just out of town that looks a lot like the moon's surface, it's that desolate.

I think you'll regret wanting to live in a cave.

It's like the one time I thought I liked cats. I met a girl who had one and hooked up, unbeknownst to me I was allergic. After petting the cat for a half hour, we got down to business and as I moved in for a kiss I sneezed in her face. Date over. 

I hate cats.

Back