Here's a couple of body shapes I'd like to see

stubhead

Master Member
Granted, most people seem to want to stay within the Strat/Les Paul parameters, but they do sell the occasional Mustang, Jazzmaster etc. - once the templates done, what's the big diffie? :blob7:

I've always thought the Gibson Ripper would make an exceptionally nice guitar body, maybe 1.5" thick? Like an asymmetrical 335...

Gibson-natural-ripper1s.jpg

The Morse is close but the butt's not round enough:

stevemorse01-1.jpg

The Roland synth guitar and the Ibanez Musician are also cool:

IbanezMusician.jpg

RolandG-303-ALL_1.jpg

Warmoth's VIP is the closest they come to that, but it's too horny. :help:

dbw said:
I like the 4+2 EB headstock.

Sorry, trademarked/patented by EB and they protect it very agressively.  The same goes for the 3+1 bass headstock I believe.

I've always dug the early Roland guitar synths.  I'd still like to have one.

Warmoth cannot do any 4+2 headstock or just the design of EB/MM

Because there is some 4+2 without from EB/MM and I don't think they could say that is trademark this....

Wyliee said:
dbw said:
I like the 4+2 EB headstock.

Sorry, trademarked/patented by EB and they protect it very agressively.  The same goes for the 3+1 bass headstock I believe.

I've always dug the early Roland guitar synths.  I'd still like to have one.

The EB MusicMan body used on the Lukather, Morse, and Petrucci models looks very similar to the Gecko Guitar prototype.

Remember the Gibson RD bass and axe ?

http://www.guitarvillage.co.uk/admin/pages/upload/Basses/RDartistbass_m.jpg

Wyliee said:

they aggressively go after people who infringe on their "3+1" marketing ... meaning if you use the terminology of "3+1" in your marketing they will come after you. it is not legally defendable to keep others from using a tuner configuration of 3 on one side and 1 on the ofther if it's not being sold as a "3+1" configuration. So I've been told by legal counsel

all the best,

R

kreig said:
Remember the Gibson RD bass and axe ?

http://www.guitarvillage.co.uk/admin/pages/upload/Basses/RDartistbass_m.jpg
Ahhh I was literally a day too late to buy an awesome RD Artist from a used guitar shop.
I would love to see this body style done by W.
The Ripper would be sweet as well.

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
I like that last one in the first post. Yamaha make one of those shapes don't they? the SGB or something

You mean like one of these - SG1000?

SG1000_Black_tn3.jpg

Good solid guitars, sustain very well. The SG1000 was set neck, but the SG2000 was neck through body.

OzziePete said:
Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
I like that last one in the first post. Yamaha make one of those shapes don't they? the SGB or something

You mean like one of these - SG1000?

SG1000_Black_tn3.jpg

Good solid guitars, sustain very well. The SG1000 was set neck, but the SG2000 was neck through body.
Yeah, thats the one, there was a 9 string one they made too.

This is my latest fave - http://www.garykramerguitar.com/Kramertorium.html

But fat chance , gary would'nt even return or forward my e-mail . shame on you gary ! :icon_scratch:

A ton of people want 335s, I think. It wouldn't be quite the same, though. No bend sides, too much labor or something.

Back