Help ID this body. Warmoth??

I recently bought this Strat body as part of a complete guitar. It was sold to me as a Warmoth. Now I get it home, take it apart and see no name on it. As a noob to the  Warmoth  world, I ask those who know. IS IT A WARMOTH?? What are the telltale signs?

decsalestuff002.jpg

decsalestuff003.jpg

Nice body!  But nope.  Warmoths don't have the fifth hole in the middle of the neck pocket, and the humbucker routes have "ears" like this:

Can't identify it, though... sorry.

I agree about the 5th hole in the neck pocket..
but...
T1299a.jpg

Routed for fender wide range pickups and standard, I think.

Max, that body is routed for Fender humbuckers, TOTALLY different animal.

RLW said:
Max, that body is routed for Fender humbuckers, TOTALLY different animal.

Isn't that exactly what Max said?  :icon_scratch:  I think you're both right.  But I still don't think it's a Warmoth :)

Isn't the "grinning turtle" burned into the wood?  If he stripped the paint down at the neck pocket, could he look for that?

shanejw said:
Looks like a Mighty Mite to me.

Yeah good call... this is how they always rout top-routed strats.  They even put the conductive paint on at the factory.  Here's one from the MM site:

mm2700AFQ-CRS.jpg

I've read that Might Mite neck pockets are not Fender-compatible, so that's kind of a drag.  Still looks like a nice guitar, though... let's see the neck!

Mighty Might.....Looks like it doesn't it.

Here's the neck pocket.
decsalestuff009.jpg

It had a squier neck on it. I got it for the body.

Thanks for all of the replies and opinions.

dbw said:
shanejw said:
Looks like a Mighty Mite to me.

Yeah good call... this is how they always rout top-routed strats.  They even put the conductive paint on at the factory.  Here's one from the MM site:

mm2700AFQ-CRS.jpg

I've read that Might Mite neck pockets are not Fender-compatible, so that's kind of a drag.  Still looks like a nice guitar, though... let's see the neck!

I also think I see the fifth neck hole in dbw's shot there.  I think we have a match

Back