Heavily Modified Diamondback

Keldus

Thought I’d share my Diamondback that I’m constantly modifying. It’s a mahogany body with a roasted maple neck with Schaller Lockmeister and a Bare Knuckle Pickup Nailbomb in the bridge with a blower switch as well as a volume pot.

I’m normally a PRS man, so the idea was to build a shred machine that would sound “big” but. Got the 10-16 radius Gibson scale length which allows me to get a nice low action for easy soloing and feel familiar when playing chords, plus it coincides nicely with the 10 inch nut radius and the 16 inch bridge radius.

I widened the lower cutaway for better fret access, it’s a bit of a hack job, but it works. As for aesthetic, it was designed to LOOK like a cheap crappy guitar for a film idea I’m working on. Basically the guitar is meant to belong to the lead character, that he got as his first guitar in school and modified and upgraded it over the years. The doodles on it are basically his old friends drawing on it, hence its sentimental value and why he’s held onto it (with some of the rude bits censored out).

So despite the crude doodles, it’s a great playing guitar.

Attachments

• IMG_3261.jpeg
    IMG_3261.jpeg
    568.9 KB · Views: 44
Back