Headless T-Bass

mogrady

Here is my finished Headless T-Bass
Body is custom with Ambrosia Maple, two Jazz P/U's (Baseline's quarter pounder's neck and bridge), rear routed electronic pocket, matching cover plate, V-V-T pot's

Neck is a Deluxe Warmoth 1-7/8" at the nut, Maple/ Indian Rosewood with pealoide blocks

Hardware: ABM bridge, Tuners, and string retainer 19mm

Attachments

• TBass  Headless 1.JPG
    TBass Headless 1.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,106
  • TBass Headless 4.JPG
    TBass Headless 4.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,334
  • T Bass Headless 3.JPG
    T Bass Headless 3.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,803
  • T Bass Headless 2.JPG
    T Bass Headless 2.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 837
That looks beautiful! I have never been a huge fan of the Tbass shape for some reason it usually feels off , but this one just looks right. Did you make the body yourself? and is that the natural color of the body wood or is the finish tinted? Any way nice job very classy looking instrument.

Thanks! I did build the body myself. The finish is oil and as you may know has a slight yellowish tint. In this case it brought out the natural beauty in the grain. I built a headed Tele bass years ago and had an undesirable neck dive. That got me to thinking that this body design would be a great candidate for a headless.

That's more than a little amazing - looks like the balance on that one would be just about perfect with a heavier maple body.  Very well done!

Also: people who make headless basses from Warmoth 1 7/8th" Deluxe 5 necks matched with their own custom bodies and passive electronics are THE COOLEST PEOPLE IN THE UNIVERSE!

9925459754_2da0c60006_c.jpg

:icon_jokercolor:

Never though of myself as COOL. But I'll take that. If you like the tele, and yes very balanced, then you may like this one too. This custom body I made with Walnut/ maple laminates with a Warmoth 4 st. replacement neck.

Attachments

• Headless 5.JPG
    Headless 5.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 792
That does fix the number one aesthetic problem of the telecaster bass - just remove it all together

Back