Have guitar, will travel

My idea, for next travel, was an aluminum keyboard case, foam filled, of course, totally enclosing my regular hardshell case.  Also, not too expensive on "that great auction site"

nathan a said:
Soloshchenko said:
Who cares about tone when on the road?

Me!

No really, I'm gonna be overseas for 4 months; I'm considering shopping for an acoustic I can live with for a while, but I know the guitar I fall in love with at the store will cost more than I want to pay.

Four months is not that long, like I say when your on the road you want something on the cheap side, Fender, Yamaha, and Ibanez all make very cool guitars at low prices that will serve you well. My choice would be the Taylor Big Baby guitar. I love those and they cost so little!

Four months is more than time enough to have Warmoth send you a nice little order to wherever you are going, build it, play it some and sell it when you return.With a bit of luck you might even make some profit out of it.

Haha bytefrenzy, that's true. This is an acoustic though.

Gotta say Soloshchenko, I disagree-- Playing a guitar that doesn't sounds up to your expectations is discouraging!

Get an Olympia.  It'll cost you like $200 and it sounds great... or as good as a plywood-top guitar can sound.

Back