Has this YouTube post ever appeared here ?

Great idea Tony. Here is a video of Dave Lynch from the Guitar Workshop doing a Tele build for himself. As a side note; any of you have ever spent time on the "Burnishing Necks" thread are doing a process that Dave taught me years ago, so he has indirectly had a huge impact on the Unofficial Warmoth Discussion page. Great guitar tech, monster player, and really fun to hang with.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ_rHKHK4H4&ab_channel=DaveTone[/youtube]

PhilHill said:
I have run into this "Gentleman's" videos before. There's a reason He has the small number of subscribers that He does. When you order a roasted maple neck and a roasted maple fretboard wouldn't you kinda figure that it would be two piece? Otherwise you just order a roasted maple neck. And the website said accent on the body order. The fact that he claims the first neck was a 1/16 too narrow means that you throw it in the floor as useless?  ...................... :dontknow:

I just went to the builder and am now confused by the "One Piece" option (which I've never ordered). I couldn't just select "maple" for neck wood and leave the fretboard section blank, so I chose "maple (one piece)" for the fretboard. Is this what he did? If so, I'd also assume I'd be receiving a single piece neck. Am I missing a component of this?

The Aaron said:
Unwound G said:
A disgruntled customer.  Definitely not one of us here......https://youtu.be/VcOIIqpP7k4

Um....so.....I was just re-watching this first video, the one where he throws the "Warmoth" neck that he bought "four years ago."

When he turns it over there is clearly no Warmoth brand in the heel. It's either been sanded off - which would explain the issue with it being too small - or it's not a Warmoth neck.

I'm going with it is 100% not a Warmoth neck. Look how far the skunk stripe goes on the heel. That's not how Warmoth installs them.

See pics below.

I had to comment on the neck thing on his channel.
I don’t like people that lie and spread disinformation.
That’s not a warmoth neck.

The Aaron said:
PhilHill said:
I have dealt with folks like this in the past. They either make mistakes when they order, or change their mind after ordering and it's your fault that you didn't read their mind............ :icon_thumright:

Saving people from themselves is really hard. We do our best, but you can't think of or win every scenario. Here is one example:

People order figured maple tops with a Mary Kaye or Butterscotch finish, and then return the body because they can barely see the figuring. For this reason, about two weeks ago we made it impossible to order those combos. Now we are getting inquiries asking why they can't be ordered.

Similarly, if you order a maple lam top with a light accent line (maple), what would you expect the outcome to be?

LOL. I bought a showcase body two or three years ago.....chambered poplar strat with a maple top. If it was a return or not it doesn't matter to me, but how often does Warmoth do that combination in the showcase? But I sent it off to MJT for a transparent white finish and love it!!! I would do it again!

Back