Has anyone here seen Paranormal Activity?

clearerphish

looked like Micah's guitar was a Warmoth. Was only shown briefly, but the headstock looked like a Warmoth Pro. Anyone else notice?

Micah, I'm guessing, is a character in the movie.  However, Warmoth Pro is a style of neck construction, not a headstock shape.  My Warmoth Pro has a Tele headstock.

Micah is, in fact, a character in the movie Paranormal Activity. In the movie at a few small points, he is playing a guitar. The guitar has what appears to be a blue flame maple top and a dark neck, perhaps wenge. The headstock shape appears to be the "Warmoth" shape. I did not see any skunk stripe (although it could have been there - the glimpses were fleeting) so I thought the neck may be one of Warmoth's "pro" necks. I was a total dork and excitedly proclaimed to my girlfriend that he was playing a Warmoth. Her response was pretty much "whoop-de-doo".  :toothy12:

clearerphish said:
Micah is, in fact, a character in the movie Paranormal Activity. In the movie at a few small points, he is playing a guitar. The guitar has what appears to be a blue flame maple top and a dark neck, perhaps wenge. The headstock shape appears to be the "Warmoth" shape. I did not see any skunk stripe (although it could have been there - the glimpses were fleeting) so I thought the neck may be one of Warmoth's "pro" necks. I was a total dork and excitedly proclaimed to my girlfriend that he was playing a Warmoth. Her response was pretty much "whoop-de-doo".  :toothy12:
Ha, my brother gets so irritated if I point out guitars/amps. He exploded one time when a friend was over, and I pointed out something in guitar hero.

Along those lines, has anyone seen "Cadillac Records?"  In the beginning as Willie Dixon's character is narrating, there's a 22 fret Tele hanging on the wall.  He died in '92 and was supposedly narrating nearer to present day before he died, rather than when the stories take place, so a 22 fret Tele wasn't necessarily akin to seeing a Roman soldier with a wrist watch, but kind of stuck out.

Just saw The Godfather on the big screen this week at a dinner theater.  Cool seeing it really big, you notice details you wouldn't on a tv.  In the opening wedding scene, you get a glimpse of the guitar player in back of the mandolin player.  Can't tell, but almost looks like a Stromberg he's playing.

Never seen Paranormal Activity, the movie or in real life.

I am probably going to go see it because one of my buddies wants us all to go before Halloween.  Now I'm really curious to see the guitar in it!

you'll notice it but it's over quickly. Report back and tell me if I'm imagining things please. Maybe I'm spending too much time in the showcase.

Anyone here seen this yet an can confirm or disconfirm?

brandt.jpg

I'm going to watch this tonight.  My good friend said it was the scariest thing he's ever seen and that he and his date were sitting in each others' laps.  If it doesn't scare me that much, I intend to make fun of him for months.

Oh yeah.  I'll watch for the Warmoth hehe.

-Mark

I'd see it, but I can't stop laughing at the trailers. It's not supposed to be funny, is it?

We laughed a lot in the theater. I think the only real scare you'll get out of it is wondering about those late night house noises when you're in bed for a while. I liked the movie, but to call it scary is a little much. I found it entertaining, and I think Mark's friend is going to catch a good bit of flak for that one. :)

That was clearly THE MOST STOOOOOOOOOOOOOPID movie ever. And the guitar the guy was playing was a Variax.... :doh:

Back