HARRISON INSPIRED, CUSTOM PARTSCASTER, WARMOTH NECK AND BODY COMPLETE

AUSTINTXTELE

Tom Oatley, here in Austin, could not have done a better job building this beauty for me. I picked her up yesterday after work and before a rehearsal. She plays and sounds as pretty as she looks. Facts and figures:

Custom Warmoth Body; All rosewood w/ maple veneer sandwiched between the front and back.

Warmoth rosewood neck, Brazilian rosewood finger board, vintage modern shape.

Most of the parts came from All Parts; bridge, saddles, knobs, switch, neck plate, etc.

Vintage Fender machine heads, Tom Oatley had these in his shop.

Voodoo 60's Bridge, Voodoo Tele Neck pickup. Sound fantastic.

She weighs in at 10.3 lbs, and that my friends is a healthy baby.

Warmoth did a great job with the body and neck, hoping the delicate satin finish stays pretty.

And a bit about Tom Oatley. Tom has been a player and guitar tinkerer for a long time. It shows in all the work he does. Before building this guitar for me, he's set up all my guitars, all my friends guitars, basses, etc. Not impressed? He does all of Jimmie Vaughn's guitar work, worked with Jerry Jeff Walker, toured as the Dixie Chicks' tech and does guitar work for Charlie Sexton to name a few. He is a craftsman when it comes to dialing in a guitar and my guitar is proof that that's just the beginning of what he can do. Fret jobs, pickups, switches, neck adjustments, you name it, he can do it. In fact, a friend of mine had a Gibson Hummingbird that got smashed, Oatley rebuilt it and it sounds great. And to top it off, he's a good dude. Look him up, I'll post some pics on his site too.

http://www.myspace.com/oatleysguitargarage

Attachments

• 2428.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 787
  • 2447.jpg
    2447.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 654
  • 2448.jpg
    2448.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 814
Love that Satin finish you spec'd. It came out amazing looking on that Rosewood!

BEHOLD THE POWER OF THE CAPS LOCK KEY!!!!

um, great looking guitar, dude. Hope you play the hell out of it for many many years.

ohmygod! that satin finish does look good!
and I agree, More pictures!!! and larger pics too! close ups!

More pics here. Thanks for the compliments. Wish I could quit my job and play it all day.

http://whenipaint.blogspot.com/

Elegant guitar, sir!....well done!
It amazes me when I look at the price tag on a F***** Custom shop axe, and realize we can get as good as (in most cases better) from our friends at Warmoth. Custom Shop rosewood strats run around $4,500.  In other words, north of $2,500 for a logo!
Cheers

Patch said:
Elegant guitar, sir!....well done!
It amazes me when I look at the price tag on a F***** Custom shop axe, and realize we can get as good as (in most cases better) from our friends at Warmoth. Custom Shop rosewood strats run around $4,500.  In other words, north of $2,500 for a logo!
Cheers

W rosewood teles do represent great value don't they?

I'm tempted for my next build however I have no clue what rosewood sounds having never played one? How different is it to a traditional telecaster?

Oh my god, I JUST finished my own new warmoth, and you've gone and given me GAS again. That thing looks absolutely astounding.  Let us know how it sounds please.

Back