Hardtail bridge?

Any / all of them, I guess. Why would you need a certain bridge for a certain pickup brand?

Personally, I've tried the vintage spaced hardtail, and prefer the narrower one, as the spacing seems to fit Warmoth necks better.  Dont go nuts with the pickup spacing, they all work, its simply a matter of cosmetics.  Consider this - do your notes die and go quiet when you bend?  No.  Thats because the area of influence on the poles is quite wide.  As long as the pickup is well centered, to make any little spacing mismatch evened out... it'll look fine

Thats what i thought but but the guy that was helping me set up everything for my first build got me nervous about buying the wrong bridge saying the spacing would be off.

Next time you see him, bring two shots of Drambuie.  That'll fix his worries. :eek:ccasion14:

Nicholasdaniel said:
Which Warmoth Fixed bridge would be correct to use with Seymour duncan Jazz and Jb ?

CB's advice is good. This is a matter of mechanics. Match the bridge to the neck, not the pickup. Pickups rarely appear to align with anything, because it's just not that critical. Look at any Strat since day one. The pole pieces on the middle and neck pickups aren't anywhere near centered up with the strings. It's so obvious you don't even have to measure it.

Cagey said:
Look at any Strat since day one. The pole pieces on the middle and neck pickups aren't anywhere near centered up with the strings. It's so obvious you don't even have to measure it.
I've never had a big issue with that.  :icon_scratch:
041009%20fender%20strat%2062%20pickups.jpg

yeah your strings arent "centered" over the pole pieces. the low and high E strings are on the outside which is what i think Cagey is talking about

Blue313 said:
Cagey said:
Look at any Strat since day one. The pole pieces on the middle and neck pickups aren't anywhere near centered up with the strings. It's so obvious you don't even have to measure it.
I've never had a big issue with that.  :icon_scratch:
041009%20fender%20strat%2062%20pickups.jpg

It's not an issue - that's what we're saying. The pole pieces don't line up (aren't centered on the strings), but don't worry about it.

They told me narrow spaced bridge for humbuckers, vintage or wide for single coil... but I agree...it really doesnt matter..I have both on my guitarso what do you do in that case? Dimarzio offers what they call "F spaced" HB's if you're really that concerned over it.

the brige pup is most afected and duncan sells "trembucker" versions of most of there pickups for this aplication but the vintage trems on strats are still alittle wide for them, hardtail strats, narrow spaced trems and floyds and other trems are about right for trembuckers and f spaced dimarzios. TOM's are right for standard buckers.

i have a vintage flatmount on my tele deluxe and the pole pieces don't even come close to lining up on the bridge pickup. doesn't bother me / affect sound as far as i can tell, so i'm not too concerned with it. i can take a picture if anybody is interested in seeing what i mean. just let me know.

Back